The Shepherd’s Center of Pine Bluff will sponsor its spring 2017 classes from 9:30-11:30 a.m. Wednesdays, March 1 through April 19, at Lakeside United Methodist Church, 1500 S. Olive St. Registration is a one-time fee of $10.
“It is that time of year again,” a spokeswoman said of the various classes. “Time to add a new interest/hobby to your life. Meet new friends and enjoy fellowship with old friends. A great way to spend a morning while learning something new, or enhancing your talents and skills.”
The guest speaker March 1 is Nancy McNew, director of the Pine Bluff Regional Chamber of Commerce.
Classes and instructors will include:
• Beginning Genealogy – John Mitchell, instructor;
• Line Dancing – Mona Rhoden, instructor;
• Knitting – Barbara Fry and others instructing;
• Canasta – Nancy Paschal teaches this card game;
• Bible class – The Rev. Steve Wingo instructs this class from 9:30-10:30 a.m.;
• Photography – A favorite class taught by Mike Adam teaching portrait, landscaping, digital and lots more;
• Bird Watching – Delos McCauley, instructor. Enjoy nature and learn with experts from the Audubon Society;
• Play Bridge, Mahjong, and Board Games;
• Art Workshop – Members of the local art league instruct participants in watercolor, acrylic and other elements. Instructors are Glenda Mullikin, Linda Lewis, Gerry Delongchamp, Dell Gorman and Vickie Coleman.
• Computer Course – Phil McBee, instructor, teachers a Computer Class at the Arkansas River Education Service Cooperative, 912 W. Sixth Ave., on Thursdays from 9:30-11:30 a.m.
“This and That” Classes – various courses offered each Wednesday. Some classes may require a small fee for supplies. These include: cooking class – Zelda Hoaglan; crafts – White Hall Extension Homemakers Club; making wreaths – Southeast Arkansas Center on Aging; cell phone questions and answers – Anthony Whittington; Mediterranean cooking – Dot Hart; and ageless grace exercise –Teresa Horton. Other craft classes as well as some special surprises will include nature center crafts and a garden and yard tour.
Details: Bettye Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org or 535-8037.