The Arkansas Historic Preservation Program will conduct listening sessions to solicit comments on regional historic preservation issues. The forums will be held:
• Thursday, May 25, 5:30 p.m., Donald W. Reynolds Community Services Center, 211 W. Third Ave., Pine Bluff;
• Thursday, June 8, 5:30 p.m., Fayetteville Historic District Commission Meeting, City Hall, Fayetteville;
• Tuesday, June 13, 5:30 p.m., Department of Arkansas Heritage Building, Little Rock;
• Monday, June 19, 5:30 p.m., City Hall, Texarkana;
• Wednesday, June 21, 5:30 p.m., Downtown Jonesboro Association, Jonesboro.
“The AHPP is updating its state historic preservation plan and will hold meetings across the state to determine the historic preservation priorities of the people of Arkansas,” Department of Arkansas Heritage Director Stacy Hurst said in a news release.
“The comments we get at these meetings and through a questionnaire on our website at http://www.arkansaspreservation.com/survey will help shape our goals and efforts for the next five years,” Hurst said.
The Arkansas Historic Preservation Program is the agency of the Department of Arkansas Heritage responsible for the identification, evaluation, registration and preservation of the state’s cultural resources.
Details: Arkansas Historic Preservation Program, 1100 North St., Little Rock, AR 72201, 501-324-9880, or firstname.lastname@example.org