The Arkansas Department of Health regulates the sale of food at establishments which include restaurants, bars, daycares, schools, grocery stores, convenience stores, bed and breakfast facilities, hotels/motels, mobile units and concession stands. Inspections are made unannounced by environmental health specialists.
Electronic copies of retail food inspection reports are available on the Arkansas Food Inspection Portal. To access the portal, visit the food protection page on the Arkansas Department of Health website at www.healthy.arkansas.gov.
The following are the results of food safety inspections conducted by the Jefferson County Health Unit:
• Addi’s Corner 2, 101 N. Blake St. Date of inspection Oct. 26. Trash cans containing food residue should be covered when not in continuous use. Lid was placed on trash can during inspection. Some floor and ceiling tiles are damaged and need to be replaced. Observed single use cups and lids at self service drink station being stored out of package and not protected. Single use cups and lids should be stored in original packaging or by other means that protects them from contamination until used. Chicken in hot holding unit was out of safe temperature range during inspection. Food being held hot should be 135 degrees F or above. Chicken was discarded during inspection. Test strips not observed during inspection. Need test strips to test sanitizer strength. Thermometers needed in all coolers holding food that must stay cold.
• Burger King, 400 N. Blake St. Date of inspection Oct. 26. Hand washing sink should be used for hand washing only. Observation: Need to clean wall in kitchen area. Provide a supply of individual disposable towels or a continuous towel system that supplies the user with a clean towel or a heated-air drying device at each hand-washing sink in food preparation, toilet and ware-washing areas. The premises shall be maintained free of insects (flies.) All employee drinks in the food preparation are must have a lid and a straw. Observation: Need to clean non-food contact surfaces.
• Duck In And go 10501 U.S. 63. Date of inspection Oct. 26. Leak in hand washing sink needs to be repaired.
• SE Arkansas Livestock Concession Hestand Stadium. Date of inspection Oct. 26. Observation: No current health permit posted.
• Wood Shed, 9621 U.S. 270 White Hall. Date of inspection Oct. 25. Single service containers observed being reused to store food in. Single service containers should not be reused. Test strips needed to test sanitizer strength.