The Arkansas Department of Health regulates the sale of food at establishments which include restaurants, bars, daycares, schools, grocery stores, convenience stores, bed and breakfast facilities, hotels/motels, mobile units and concession stands. Inspections are made unannounced by environmental health specialists.
Electronic copies of retail food inspection reports are available on the Arkansas Food Inspection Portal. To access the portal, visit the food protection page on the Arkansas Department of Health website at www.healthy.arkansas.gov.
The following are the results of food safety inspections conducted by the Jefferson County Health Unit:
• Hazel Street Food Mart, 2201 W. 17th Ave. Date of follow-up inspection Nov. 13. Meat in cooler and croutons being stored on shelf observed being stored uncovered and should be covered to prevent contamination.
• Laugh-n-Learn Childcare Center, 3102 W. 34th Ave. Date of inspection Nov. 9. All employee drinks in the food preparation area must have a lid and a straw. A hand-washing sink shall be maintained so that it is accessible at all times for employee use, and do not use for purposes other than handwashing.
• Pine Bluff High basketball concession, 1000 Beech St. Date of inspection Nov. 9. Paper towels needed at hand-washing sink.
• Pine Bluff High football concession, 521 W. 10th Ave. Date of inspection Nov. 9. Paper towels needed at hand-washing sinks.
• Pine Bluff High track concession, 711 W. 11th Ave. Date of inspection Nov. 9. Need soap at hand-washing sink. Need paper towels at hand washing sink.