The Arkansas Department of Health regulates the sale of food at establishments which include restaurants, bars, daycares, schools, grocery stores, convenience stores, bed and breakfast facilities, hotels/motels, mobile units and concession stands. Inspections are made unannounced by environmental health specialists.
Electronic copies of retail food inspection reports are available on the Arkansas Food Inspection Portal. To access the portal, visit the food protection page on the Arkansas Department of Health website at www.healthy.arkansas.gov.
The following are the results of food safety inspections conducted by the Jefferson County Health Unit:
• Areli’s, Highway 270-65 Flea Market, White Hall. Date of inspection Nov. 21. Some cold holding temperatures out of safe temperature range (must be 41 degrees F or below). Food was moved during inspection.
• McDonald’s, 8012 Sheridan Road, White Hall. Date of inspection Nov. 21. Some cold holding temperatures in cooler near coffee maker and salad cooler are out of safe temperature range (must be 41 degrees F or below). Food was moved or discarded during inspection. Chemical bottles observed being stored by single service condiment containers and coffee container. Chemical bottles should be stored in a separate area. Chemical bottles were moved during inspection. Ice in ice bin being stored in container by drive thru window observed being stored without a lid. A lid is needed over ice being stored in ice bin to prevent contamination. Lid behind ice bin was washed and placed over ice during inspection. Lettuce container observed being stored touching raw beef container in raw beef freezer. Ready to eat foods should be stored separate from raw meats. Lettuce was discarded during inspection.
• Motor Way Grocery, 3432 U.S. 65 South. Date of inspection Nov. 20. Observed employee touching hamburger buns with bare hands. Gloves should be worn when handling ready to eat foods. Employee put gloves on to handle hamburger buns.
• Pizza Hut, 7197 Sheridan Road, Suite 104, White Hall. Date of inspection Nov. 20. Sanitizer not detected in automatic dishwasher. Sanitizer was replaced with new container and retested 100 ppm with chlorine test papers.
• Shop Wise, P.O. Box 334, Redfield. Date of inspection Nov. 17. Hand washing sink needs to cleaned.
• El Sol Mexican Restaurant, 3801 Camden Road, Suite 9. Date of inspection Nov. 16. A handwashing sink shall be maintained so that it is accessible at all times for employee use, and do not use for purposes other than handwashing.
• Super 1 Foods Deli, 2800 Hazel St. Date of inspection Nov. 16. Observed unclean dishes being stored in bakery and deli hand washing sink. Hand washing sinks should not be used for any other purpose than washing hands. Some hot hold temperatures on buffet bar are out of safe temperature range (must be 135 degrees F or above). Chicken patties out of safe temperature range were removed from buffet bar during inspection.