The Arkansas Department of Health regulates the sale of food at establishments which include restaurants, bars, daycares, schools, grocery stores, convenience stores, bed and breakfast facilities, hotels/motels, mobile units and concession stands. Inspections are made unannounced by environmental health specialists.
Electronic copies of retail food inspection reports are available on the Arkansas Food Inspection Portal. To access the portal, visit the food protection page on the Arkansas Department of Health website at www.healthy.arkansas.gov.
The following are the results of food safety inspections conducted by the Jefferson County Health Unit:
• China Garden Buffet, 7203 Sheridan Road, Suite N and O, White Hall. Date of inspection Dec. 12. Observed food in refrigerators and walk in cooler being stored uncovered. Food being stored should be kept covered to prevent contamination. Observed raw meat being stored above sauce and carrots. Raw meat should be stored below ready to eat foods. Need soap at hand-washing sink in kitchen. Observed hand washing sinks in kitchen being blocked. Hand washing sinks should remain unblocked and be accessible at all times for employees to wash hands. Ice maker deflector shield is unclean and needs to be cleaned.
• Huddle House - White Hall, 7735 Sheridan Road, White Hall. Date of inspection Dec. 12. Observed some food being stored in refrigerators uncovered. Food should be stored covered in refrigerators. Inside of microwave and waffle maker are unclean and need to be cleaned. Soap not observed at hand washing sink in kitchen area. Soap needed at all hand washing sinks. Paper towels not observed at hand washing sink in ware washing area. Paper towels or other hand drying device needed at all hand washing sinks. Observed employees multi tasking without washing hands. Hands should be properly washed between changing tasks. Observed automatic dishwasher not working properly. Sanitizer not dispensing properly to sanitize dishes. Observed several chemical bottles being stored near and above pans and above single service items. Chemical bottles should be stored separate.
• New China Town, 2801 Olive St., Suite 9-A. Date of inspection Dec. 12. Ice machine deflector shield is unclean and should be properly cleaned. Shield was cleaned during inspection. Some hot holding temperatures out of safe range (must be 135 degrees F or above). Rice out of temperature was labeled with a 4 hour hold to be discarded after 4 hours if not used and soup was reheated during inspection. Observed raw meat above mushrooms being stored in refrigerator. Raw meat should not be stored above mushrooms. Raw meat was moved during inspection. Observed seasonings, food sitting out on counter, and in walk in cooler being stored uncovered. Food being stored should be covered to prevent contamination. Food was covered during inspection.
• Super 1 Foods, 5805 Dollarway Road. Date of inspection Dec. 12. Do not stack hot dogs and other items above safe limit line. Food items will get out of temperature.
• Burger King, 5515 Olive St. Date of inspection Dec. 11. Don’t store orange juice in ice cooler.
• Country Kitchen, 4322 Dollarway Road. Date of inspection Dec. 11. Observed some food in refrigerator and walk in cooler being stored uncovered. Food being stored in refrigerators should be covered to prevent contamination. Food was covered during inspection. Raw hamburger meat observed being stored in reach in cooler above ready to eat foods. Raw meat should be stored below ready to eat foods. Raw hamburger meat was moved to the bottom of the cooler during inspection. Observed corn being held for more than 24 hours without date marking. Food held for more than 24 hours should be date marked and used within 7 days or discarded. Corn was date marked during inspection.
• Lybrand’s Too, 6201 Dollarway Road. Date of inspection Dec. 11. Chips in basket should be covered while being stored. Chips were covered during inspection. Time was not being properly kept on food out of temperature and used or thrown away within 4 hours of pulling out of the refrigerator. Time was put on food sitting out of temperature during inspection. Chemical bottles observed being stored by single service items and food containers. Chemical bottles were moved to chemical storage area during inspection.
• Dollar General Store, 14019 Dollarway Road. Date of inspection Dec. 8. Paper towels or other hand drying device needed in women’s restroom.
• Lucky’s Cafe, 310 E. Fifth Ave. Date of inspection Dec. 8. Raw meat observed being stored above ready to eat foods. Raw meat should be stored below ready to eat foods. Raw meat was moved below ready to eat foods during inspection. Consumer advisory needed in menu for raw or undercooked foods.
• RJ’s Sports Grill & Bar, 2404 W. 37th Ave. Date of inspection Dec. 8. Observed seasoning being stored uncovered in a container on the shelf. Seasoning should stay covered to prevent it from being contaminated. Seasoning was covered during inspection.
• T’s Place, 3714 Camden Road. Date of inspection Dec. 8. All employee drinks in the food preparation area must have a lid and straw.
• China Kitchen, 2318 W. 28th Ave. Date of inspection Dec. 8. Make sure to label food with date as discussed.
• Briggs Bar B Que Cooking, 2221 S. Olive St., Suite J. Date of inspection Dec. 6. Chicken in cooler should be covered to prevent contamination. Make sure to label food with date as discussed.