The Pine Bluff Zebras were victorious over the Watson Chapel Wildcats on Tuesday in a close game by a score of 76-73.

Kaleb Higgins had a game-high of 31 points for the Zebras to lead the way.

Pine Bluff started the game taking a 13-9 lead sparked by Kendrick Thorn, who scored seven of those points for Pine Bluff.

Thorn was called for a double technical and was ejected from the game, which would change Pine Bluff‘s scheme.

However, the Zebras stayed focused and played well without their senior guard.

The Watson Chapel Wildcats ended the first quarter on an 8-0 run to take a 17-13 lead over Pine Bluff heading into the second quarter.

Willie Webster scored 15 in the first half to pace the Wildcats.

Both teams traded baskets in the second, but Higgins had the momentum and nailed a pair of three pointers to increase a gap for the Zebras at halftime as they led 40-30.

After a slow third quarter, the Wildcats trimmed the Zebras down to 52-45.

Kavon Mitchell led the fourth quarter for the Wildcats as his 13 fourth quarter points kept them close, but Higgins scored 15 for Pine Bluff to make it tough for Watson Chapel.

The Wildcats trailed 72-61, but they managed to score late in the game to keep it close. Watson Chapel had a 12-4 to end the game but time had ran out and the Zebras would claim a victory in the first meeting between the two teams.

Webster led Chapel with 23 points in the game, along with Mitchell’s 19 points to add to their total.

Harris Martin had a good game for the Zebras as well with a few dunks in the game, along with scoring 17 points in their victory.


The Watson Chapel Lady Wildcats were victorious against the Pine Bluff Fillies on Tuesday night by a score of 58-25.

A 21-7 lead after the first quarter put the Lady Wildcats in comanding position to win the game.

Jerica Bell scored 12 of those first quarter points and ended the night with 18 points to lead the way for the Wildcats.

A solid defensive game to force many turnovers from the Fillies gave the Lady Wildcats the advantage of scoring as a fast pace.

After halftime the Wildcats led the Fillies 34-13 and went on to outscore them in the second half 24-12 to claim a victory and remain unbeaten in conference.

Keirria Brice led the Fillies with eight points in the loss.


Right after seeing their girls get beaten by 30, the defending 5A state champion Little Rock Mills Comets returned the favor and beat the White Hall Bulldogs 85-46.

Mills applied major pressure out of a 2-2-1 full court press from the start, and the Bulldogs didn't handle it well. After Lamar commit Grehlon Easter scored his fourth point on a one-man fast break layup, the Bulldogs trailed 9-0 and were forced to call timeout.

Out of the timeout, Quentin Urquhart got the Bulldogs on the board with a free throw. Easter picked up his second foul mid-way through the first quarter, forcing Mills Comets Head Coach Aaron Cooper to sit him.

The Bulldogs responded with a small run to cut it to seven. However, that's when Mills senior big man Kaevon Jones got started with a three pointer to stretch it back to double digits.

White Hall junior big man Zavion Jackson drew the start, but he didn't have much of an effect on the game, as he was foul prone. Alongside Jones in the post was Mills junior forward Kevin Cross. Cross went up strong at the rim and made it hard on Jackson while on defense.

In the second quarter, Mills outscored White Hall 30-18. Comets junior guard Branton McCrary heated up with back-to-back deep balls to open up a 15-point lead. After a lay-up by Jackson brought White Hall within 11, Cooper called for a timeout because he was displeased with their defense. Out of the timeout, senior guard Patrick Greene connected on his third three of the first half, allowing Mills to take a 52-32 lead into halftime.

The Comets didn't make it out of the locker room until it was about time to take the court for the second half. The message was relayed by Cooper, and his guys answered his call with a 20-2 scoring output in the third quarter. White Hall senior forward Devin Koonce scored their only two points of quarter three with under a minute left.

The fourth quarter consisted of a running clock, and playing time for Mills' reserves. For White Hall, Urquhart didn't quit; he rose up for an emphatic slam dunk after a steal.

McCrary finished with 15 points, and Kevin Cross scored a game-high 19 points.

Quentin Urquhart scored a team-high 18 points for White Hall.


The White Hall Lady Bulldogs tripled up the Mills Lady Comets 65-35 to pick up their second conference win of the season Tuesday night.

The Lady Bulldogs jumped out to an 11-2 lead, and they would stay on top for the remainder of the game.

Senior guard Camry Gardner finished with a game-high 16 points. Gardner got going in the first quarter with a pull-up jumper in transition.

As the game progressed, senior center Sam Jackson settled in and got going with easy looks at the rim. With a 20-10 lead, Lady Bulldogs Head Coach T.J. Wreyford called for a timeout after a made basket to get his girls organized on the defensive end. Jaidas King ended the first half with two steals and three layups in the final minute to stretch White Hall’s lead to 30-14.

Gardner knocked down back-to-back three-point wide open shots for six of their 18 points scored in the third quarter. Gardner connected on her fourth triple of the game to start the fourth, and from that point Wreyford began to work his reserves in for good.

The Lady Bulldogs took a 30-point lead and forced the mercy-rule into effect with 2:19 to play. 

Sam Jackson finished with 12 points, while both J.J. Jefferson and Jaidas King chipped in with 11 points a piece.