The Arkansas Department of Health regulates the sale of food at establishments which include restaurants, bars, daycares, schools, grocery stores, convenience stores, bed and breakfast facilities, hotels/motels, mobile units and concession stands. Inspections are made unannounced by environmental health specialists.
Electronic copies of retail food inspection reports are available on the Arkansas Food Inspection Portal. To access the portal, visit the food protection page on the Arkansas Department of Health website at www.healthy.arkansas.gov.
The following are the results of food safety inspections conducted by the Jefferson County Health Unit:
• Mazzio’s Italian Eatery, 8110 Sheridan Road, White Hall. Date of inspection into complaint May 17. No violations reported.
• Simplee’s Barbeque, 700 E. Harding Ave. Date of inspection May 17. No violations observed during time of inspection.
• Arkansas Department of Correction - Ester Unit, 7500 Correction Circle. Date of inspection May 14. No soap noted at back hand-washing sink. Soap needed at all hand-washing sinks.
• Harbor Oaks Golf Club, #1 Harbor Oaks Drive. Date of follow-up inspection May 14. Paper towels not observed at hand-washing sink. Paper towels or other hand drying device needed at hand-washing sink in kitchen. Observed containers of food prepared on site held for more than 24 hours without date marking. Food prepared on site should be date marked if held over 24 hours and discarded after 7 days if not used. Food was dated during inspection. Soap not observed at hand-washing sink. Soap needed at hand-washing sink in kitchen.
• Redfield Prek Learning Center, 903 River Road, Redfield. Date of inspection May 14. Observed lighting with no cover. All lighting must have protective shielding.
• Romero Food Mart, 5001 Dollarway Road. Date of inspection May 14. No current health permit posted.
• Rim Food Mart, 601 N. Hutchinson St. Date of inspection May 11. Observed employee drinking from a bottle water. All employee drinks in the food preparation area must have a led and a straw. Observed no paper towels at hand-washing sink. Make sure to keep towels at hand-washing sink.
• Weenie Wagon Concessions, 1008 S. Maple St. Date of inspection May 11. Two sinks noted for manual ware washing. Third compartment sink needed for properly washing, rinsing and sanitizing dishes.
• White Hall Food Express, 8003 Sheridan Road, White Hall. Date of follow-up inspection May 11. No test strips observed in establishment. Test strips needed to test sanitizer strength.