The Arkansas Department of Health regulates the sale of food at establishments which include restaurants, bars, daycares, schools, grocery stores, convenience stores, bed and breakfast facilities, hotels/motels, mobile units and concession stands. Inspections are made unannounced by environmental health specialists.
Electronic copies of retail food inspection reports are available on the Arkansas Food Inspection Portal. To access the portal, visit the food protection page on the Arkansas Department of Health website at www.healthy.arkansas.gov.
The following are the results of food safety inspections conducted by the Jefferson County Health Unit:
• White Hall Yogurt mobile, 7197 Sheridan Road, Suite 111, White Hall. Date of opening inspection June 4. OK to operate- permit given.
• Randall L. Williams correctional facility, 7206 W. Seventh Ave. Date of follow-up inspection June 1. No violations reported.
• Unique Cakes by Miss Margaret, 214 W. Barraque St. Date of inspection May 15. Observed food being stored in single service containers. Single service containers should not be reused.
• Subway, 3705 Camden Road. Date of inspection into complaint June 6. Compliant about handling cheese without gloves. Health inspector informed the manager to make sure all workers are washing their hands and wearing gloves. Also to change gloves between tasks and make sure all dishes are properly being sanitized.
• S&G Concessions, 5214 Faucett Road. Date of inspection June 7. Concession stand not ready for inspection.