Terminology for work and materials used:
Terminology for work and materials used:
Arkansas One Call: The state of Arkansas requires a one—call before digging begins on many of our roads and ditches. A one-call occurs when utilities locate their lines where the work is to be done. When the lines and pipes of the utilities are located they are marked to alert Jefferson County employees not to dig in that area.
SB2: Large gray gravel used on road to stabilize the road base.
Cold Mix: Asphalt used for patching potholes.
Hot Mix: Asphalt used to overlay roads.
CRS2: The oil used to chip-seal a road.
Calcium: Sprayed onto bridges and roads to melt snow and ice. Also used on gravel roads to control dust.
Rip Rap: Large rock used for washouts on ditch banks and around the ends of culverts. Rip is sometimes used as a sub base for new roads if there is a lot of water underground.
Sealing Chips: Gray crushed granite rock that is used with CRS2 to chip and seal a road.
Herbicide Spraying: Used around bridges and signs to kill weeds and bushes.
Mosquito Spraying: Jefferson County has a truck that is used to spray for mosquitoes. To request spraying in certain area, contact the Jefferson County Road Department at 534-7020.
• Patching Crew: Filled potholes on Mitchell Road and McKinney Road.
• Truck Drivers: Hauled SB2 to Ty Lane and Bearden Road to be spread on the road.
• Grader Operators: Graded Janie Lane, Reydell Road, Gibson Road, Lisa Lane, Melanie Lane, Weekly Road and Old Star City Road. Graded Ty Lane and put one load of SB2 on the road and put three loads of SB2 on Bearden Road.
• Ditching Crew: Cleaned out the ditches on Cross Road.
• Boom Mower Crew: Cut grass on Early Road, State Farm Road, Ferda Road, McKinney Road, Red Hall Road, Griderfield Road and Ladd Road and Wilbur West Road.
• Sign Shop: Painted lines on the parking lot of the Jefferson County Road Department.
• Patching Crew: Filled potholes on Ashley Road, Moss Road, Spears Road, Hardin Road North, Louis Road, Hardinwood Drive, Donaldson Lane, Pony Trail and Elkins Road.
• Culvert Crew and Heavy Equipment Crew: Installed a culvert across the road on Griderfield Road. Removed a beaver dam on Princeton Pike.
• Grader Operators: Graded Peaceful Valley Road, Sunny Lane, Bayou Meto Recreational Road and Acorn Road.
• Boom Mower Crew: Cut grass on South Evans Road, Adams Road, Boys School Road, Shaquille Road, Walls Road, Adamson Road and Nesby Road.
• Truck Drivers: Hauled SB2 to Elderwood to spread on the road.
• Ditching Crew: Cut ditches on Chandler Road.
• Boom Mower Crew: Cut grass on Griderfield and Ladd Road.
• Mosquito Spraying: Sprayed at the UAPB Baseball and Softball Field. Sprayed on Hosman Drive, Jackson Drive, North Evans Road, Cook Road, Donna Road, Whitehead Road, Gorman Road, Elkins Road, McKelvin Road, Kimbrough Road.
• Sign Shop: Checked mileage on Old Warren Road for a project. Made Arkansas One Call request for Old Warren Road for the work to be done. Checked Gaddy Koonce and Whiteville Road. Put two delineator signs on the bridge on Gaddy Koonce Road.
• Patching Crew: Filled potholes on Wyatt Road, Wrightsville Road, Camden Cutoff Road and Shannon Petty Road.
• Grader Operators: Graded Kilcrease Road, Florene Road and Cornerstone Road.
• Boom Mower Crew: Cut grass on Claud Road, Sunset Road, Dawson Road, Jo Ann Drive, South Evans Road, Adams Road, Boys School Road, Shaquille Road, Walls Road, Adamson Road and Nesby Road.
• Mosquito Spraying: Sprayed on East Street, Main Street, Elm Street, Chestnut Street, North Pecan Street, and throughout the cities of Wabbaseka, Altheimer, Humphrey and Sherrill.
• Sign Shop: Worked in the shop making signs.
• Culvert Crew and Heavy Equipment Crew: Made an Arkansas One Call for the work to be done on NCTR Road and Princeton Pike.
• Patching Crew: Filled potholes with cold mix on Wyatt Road,Blankenship Road, Tamo River Road and Mabry Road.
• Truck Drivers: Hauled sealing chips to Kilcrease Road for the chip and seal job on the road.
• Grader Operators: Graded Deep Bayou, Stewart Cemetery Road, Cornerstone Road, Swan Lake Road, Griderfield Road and Swan Lake Recreational Area Road. Cut the right of way on Windsong Trail, Thicket Drive, Weekly Road and Bugle Road.
• Boom Mower Crew: Cut grass at the Lonoke-Jefferson County Line Road and Wilbur West Road.
• Sign Shop: Flagged traffic on Old Warren Road and Kilcrease Road for the road repairs that were being done.
• Brought in seven tire boxes, eight paper boxes, six trash boxes.
• Brought in three trash trailers, sent out three trash trailers.
• Jefferson County brought in 39.4 tons of tires.
• Get Rid of It/Waste Management brought in 68.97 tons of tires.
• Provided three boxes for a Neighborhood Watch Association Community Cleanup on Lee Street.
• Assisted in removal of waste from the destruction of condemned house on 15th Street.