A Pine Bluff fireman enters a house at 3206 Kendyl St. as smoke billows from the house Thursday afternoon. Fire and Emergency Services Department Chief Shauwn Howell said the fire started as a result of cooking and there were no injuries reported. He said the Red Cross was contacted to assist the family. Howell said many fires this time of year are the result of cooking and encouraged residents to exercise extra caution when preparing holiday meals. (Special to The Commercial/Mike Adam)

A Pine Bluff fireman enters a house at 3206 Kendyl St. as smoke billows from the house Thursday afternoon. Fire and Emergency Services Department Chief Shauwn Howell said the fire started as a result of cooking and there were no injuries reported. He said the Red Cross was contacted to assist the family. Howell said many fires this time of year are the result of cooking and encouraged residents to exercise extra caution when preparing holiday meals. (Special to The Commercial/Mike Adam)