The Alethea Club met for its final 2011-12 meeting in the home of Audrey Borecky, with Linda Minyard as co-hostess.

The Alethea Club met for its final 2011-12 meeting in the home of Audrey Borecky, with Linda Minyard as co-hostess.

The following officers were elected for the coming year: president, Borecky; vice president, Minyard; secretary, Ann Adair; and treasurer, Donna Chisom. Maxine Lane will serve as parliamentarian. Adair, Sara Cromer and Lane were appointed as a committee to plan programs for the next year. Barbara Stone will be the yearbook chairman.

Discussion was held concerning the need to update the constitution and bylaws. Borecky appointed Jeanette McGrew and KarLynn Roberts to present to the club a draft of a revised version to be voted on at the fall meeting.

The business meeting was adjourned and everyone enjoyed sharing photographs of the members’ high school and college days. Refreshments were served on the patio overlooking Borecky’s beautiful back yard.

The Alethea Club was organized in 1946 with Mrs. Leland McDaniel serving as its first president. Its name came from a Greek word meaning, “Seeker of Knowledge.”