A Pine Bluff man was sentenced to prison this week after pleading guilty to a 2011 homicide.

A Pine Bluff man was sentenced to prison this week after pleading guilty to a 2011 homicide.

Trammell Moore, now 20, had been accused in the shooting death of Walter Ashley Jr., 39, who was shot on the parking lot of the Three Gables Nightclub on Nov. 13, 2011.

Three other people were wounded in the incident, but those wounds were not life threatening.

Moore originally had been charged with capital murder in Ashley’s death of Ashley, but in a deal worked out with prosecutors and his attorney, he entered the plea to a reduced charge of first-degree murder.

Chief Deputy Prosecutor Wayne Juneau said Circuit Judge Jodi Raines Dennis sentenced Moore to 29 years in prison on one count of first-degree murder, 25 years on one count of committing a terroristic act, 20 years for one count of first-degree battery, and six years each on two counts of second-degree battery, with all the sentences to run at the same time.

Deputy Prosecutor Jill Reed said Moore will have to serve 70 percent of his sentence before he is eligible to apply for parole.

According to police, Ashley and the other victims were shot after two fights broke out inside the Three Gables Nightclub at 3003 W. Pullen St., and off-duty officers who were working security on the parking lot went inside and helped club security officers break up the fights, using pepper spray the second time.

After an investigation into the incident, police said Trammell Moore’s brother Joshua Moore, who was also at the club, walked outside after the fight and got into his car. According to police Joshua Moore said he saw his brother walking with a gun at his side, then saw him raise the gun and start firing.

There was no indication that the people shot had been involved in the altercation with Trammell Moore, then 18, or his brother.

After the shooting, Trammell Moore jumped into the car with Joshua Moore, who drove his brother to a house on Fox Street. The car was stopped a short time later by a Jefferson County Sheriff’s deputy and a security guard from the club who had followed the car.

Trammell Moore surrendered to police two days after the shooting and has been held at the adult detention center since then with no bond.

Attorney Gregg Parrish from the State Public Defender Commission represented Trammell Moore, who had been scheduled for trial in Circuit Court next week.

Had he been convicted of capital murder, he would have been sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole because the state waived the death penalty.