An ongoing dispute between family members Friday escalated into violence and resulted in the death of a Pine Bluff man.

An ongoing dispute between family members Friday escalated into violence and resulted in the death of a Pine Bluff man.

Edward Weston, 54, was reportedly shot once in the chest during an altercation with three women inside Weston’s house at 1609 Bois D’Arc Street and pronounced dead at the scene by Chief Deputy Coroner David Westbrook at 8:31 p.m.

The slaying was the 18th of the year in Jefferson County and the 17th inside the Pine Bluff city limits. That matches the total number of homicides reported all of 2011.

Benetta Green, 29, was arrested and will be charged with first-degree murder while Ruthie Green, 55, and Kateisa Green, 34, will be charged with burglary, Pine Bluff District Judge John Kearney ruled Monday following a court hearing.

Deputy Prosecutor Maxie Kizer said additional charges could be filed against Ruthie Green and Kateisa Green following the completion of the police investigation into the incident.

Detective Jeremy Funderburg reported that police were sent to the house at 7:21 p.m. to investigate a report of gunshots and when they arrived, found two Weston on the floor with two people attempting to perform CPR on him.

Kizer said the three women broke into Weston’s residence. He was fighting with Ruthie Green and Kateisa Green when Bennetta Green fired at least one shot and possibly more at Weston.

Police reported that in addition to the wound to the chest, Weston also received a gunshot wound to the arm.

Funderburg reported that when Bennetta Green was questioned, she told police the location of the gun and gave them consent to search her vehicle, which was a short distance away. A .9-millimeter handgun was recovered from the vehicle.

Two shell casings were reportedly recovered inside the residence.

Bennetta Green also reportedly said Weston fired a shot at her and she fired back, the police affidavit said.

Allegedly, Weston had broken a window on a vehicle belonging to Ruthie Green. Bennetta Green also said that a trampoline that was in the yard had been set on fire, and the three women walked to Weston’s house to confront him about the broken window and fire.

Pine Bluff District Judge John Kearney set a $100,000 bond for Bennetta Green, and $50,000 bonds for Ruthie Green and Kateisa Green and told them to come back to court Dec. 31.

According to the intake log at the adult detention center, all three women posted bond and were released late Monday morning.

Kizer said none of the three women had prior convictions or pending charges, and all three said they would hire their own attorneys.

Jefferson County Coroner Chad Kelley said Weston’s body was sent Saturday to the State Medical Examiner’s Office at Little Rock for an autopsy.

Weston was arrested in January, according to a Commercial article at the time, after he allegedly tried to set fire to a vehicle at 3601 W. 17th Ave. and was held for attempted arson. He was arrested again in February for disorderly conduct, criminal mischief, obstruction of government operations and terroristic threatening.