The Army Corps of Engineers' Little Rock District is advising park visitors to pay attention to heat and fire danger warnings during the July 4th holiday.
The Army Corps of Engineers’ Little Rock District is advising park visitors to pay attention to heat and fire danger warnings during the July 4th holiday.
“Knowing and understanding the risks associated with your holiday plans is half the battle in preventing loss of time, money or even a life,” a spokesman said.
Wildfire danger, burn bans, severe drought, air quality alerts and heat advisories are factors to consider when making outdoor plans. Alerts and warnings indicate danger.
For information about potential hazards in the area visit the following websites:
• Fire Danger - http://www.arkfireinfo.org/index.php?do:showWildFires
• Burn Bans - http://www.arkfireinfo.org/index.php?do:showBurnBans
• Drought Conditions - http://www.srh.noaa.gov/lzk/?n=drought2012.htm 2.
• Air Quality Alerts - http://www.srh.noaa.gov/lzk/
• Heat Advisories - http://www.srh.noaa.gov/lzk/
For more information about recreation in the Little Rock District visit www.swl.usace.army.mil, www.facebook.com/littlerockusace and https://twitter.com/#!/usacelittlerock.