The search for a woman who has been missing for nearly 18 years led Pine Bluff police Thursday to the house where she was last seen.

The search for a woman who has been missing for nearly 18 years led Pine Bluff police Thursday to the house where she was last seen.

Police served a search warrant about 9 a.m. at 5309 Faucett Road., looking for clues into the disappearance of Cleashindra Hall, who was 18 and a senior at Watson Chapel High School when she disappeared on May 9, 1994.

They spent most of the day searching the house and an adjacent house on Young Street, both of which are owned by Larry Amos. Hall did clerical work for Amos and was at the Faucett Road house the day she disappeared.

No body was found Thursday, but police said they had recovered some pieces of evidence that will be sent to the State Crime Laboratory for evaluation.

“No missing persons case is ever closed and this may not be the only action we take as other information develops,” said Lt. Bob Rawlinson, department spokesman and the detective who led the team that served the warrant.

Click here to view a photo gallery of images from the search

While Rawlinson said officers did not plan to return to the house immediately, what happens in the future is still up in the air.

“We’re always going to try and develop leads and to try and determine what happened to this lady,” he said.

In addition to detectives, the department brought in two cadaver dogs from Arkansas Search and Rescue and a geothermal imaging device on loan from the University of Arkansas Archaeological Survey.

Police would not say if the dogs or the imaging unit found anything during the time they were at the house.

Detectives with the police Vice and Narcotics Unit and the PBPD Crime Scene Technician crew also assisted with the search.

Just before Rawlinson held a press conference with the media at about 4:30 p.m., a police officer carried out several paper bags from the residence on Faucett Road. Rawlinson would not reveal the contents of the bags, saying only that the items seized would be examined and that officers involved in the search would get together and compare notes on what they saw during the investigation of the houses.

“We developed information that we presented to a judge to seek probable cause to search the property and the judge agreed,” Rawlinson said in response to a question about why the warrant was being served now rather than at a previous date. “At this point, there is no one under arrest, no one in custody. This is just one more step in the process.”

Rawlinson also refused to name Amos as a suspect or identify him as a “person of interest,” telling a reporter “we don’t exclude anybody at this point until we get a viable suspect.

“If Dr. Amos wants to give us some information, we will follow up on it,” Rawlinson said. “This is just one more step to try and solve this case.”

Amos came to the house a short time after officers arrived and could be heard complaining that they had forced open a door at the side of the house to get inside the residence, which was reportedly empty. He also yelled at reporters and photographers who were in front of the house before being seen going next door to the other house on Young Street.

He returned several times during the course of the more than six hours that police were on the scene, the last time going inside the house with Police Chief Brenda Davis-Jones, Assistant Chief Ivan Whitfield, Rawlinson and Detective Jerry Lambert.

Shortly afterward, Prosecuting Attorney S. Kyle Hunter and Chief Deputy Prosecutor Wayne Juneau also went inside house, staying a few minutes and then leaving.

Amos was not in sight when Rawlinson held the press conference.

Several times during the day, a crowd of more than 100 people gathered on Faucett Road to watch the activity, including Tawana Mehtar, who went to high school with Hall.

“I left my job to come here,” Mehtar said. “I’ve always hoped this day would come. I’ve waited for this day since 1994.”

The road itself was almost completely blocked by vehicles parked on both sides. Just after 3:30 p.m., when school buses started trying to deliver children home, they were forced to detour at Starlight Drive a block away from the house where the search was conducted.

Several times during the course of the day, police warned people about the possibility of their vehicles being towed if they were not moved off the roadway but it appeared few took that warning seriously.

According to an article published in The Commercial on May 13, 1994, Hall’s mother, Laurell, dropped her daughter off at Amos’ house at about 2:30 p.m. May 9.

She said her daughter would normally call one of her parents to come pick her up some ime after 8 p.m., and said Cleashindra called between 8:05 and 8:15 p.m. and asked if anyone had called for her. At that time, she did not ask her parents to pick her up.

The Halls said Amos said he heard his door shut and the garage door open at 8:30 p.m. and assumed it was Cleashindra leaving.

Later that night, Laurell Hall said her husband woke her up and said Cleashindra wasn’t home and she said she thought her daughter was “staying out with a friend and didn’t want to come home and face the music.”

Cleashindra Hall was reported missing about 24 hours later.