Formal charges have been filed against three Pine Bluff women in the November 2012 shooting death of a relative.

Formal charges have been filed against three Pine Bluff women in the November 2012 shooting death of a relative.

Prosecuting Attorney S. Kyle Hunter charged Bennetta Green, 29, Ruthie Green, 55, and Kateisa Green, 34, with first-degree murder stemming from the Nov. 16 death of Edward Weston, 54, inside Weston’s house at 1609 Bois D’Arc St.

Chief Deputy Coroner David Westbrook pronounced Weston dead at 8:31 p.m. and said the cause of death was a gunshot wound to the chest.

According to a probable cause affidavit from Detective Jeremy Funderburg, police were sent to the house at 7:21 p.m. to investigate a report of shots fired, and when they arrived, found Weston on the floor with two people attempting to perform CPR on him.

Deputy Prosecutor Maxie Kizer said the three women allegedly broke into Weston’s house and he was fighting with Ruthie Green and Kateisa Green when Bennetta Green fired at least one shot at Weston and possibly more.

Police reported that in addition to the wound to the chest, Weston received a gunshot wound to the arm.

Funderburg reported that when Bennetta Green was questioned, she told police the location of the gun and gave them consent to search her vehicle, which was a short distance away. A .9-millimeter handgun was found in the vehicle. Two shell casings were recovered inside the house.

Bennetta Green also told police that Weston fired a shot at her and she fired back, according to the affidavit.

Allegedly, Weston had broken a window on a vehicle belonging to Ruthie Green, and Bennetta Green also said that a trampoline that was in the yard had been set on fire. The three women allegedly walked to Weston’s house to confront him about the fire and broken window.

Kizer said during the court hearing that none of the three women had prior convictions or pending charges.

Weston was arrested in January 2012, according to a Commercial article at the time, after he allegedly tried to set fire to a vehicle at 3601 W. 17th Ave. and was held for attempted arson. He was arrested again in February for disorderly conduct, criminal mischief, obstructing governmental operations and terroristic threatening.

Bond for Bennetta Green was set at $100,000 and at $50,000 each for Ruthie Green and Kateisa Green. At the court hearing in November 2012, all three women said they would hire their own attorneys.