Amid heavy security, accused murder suspect Trammell Moore made his first appearance in court Wednesday morning.

Amid heavy security, accused murder suspect Trammell Moore made his first appearance in court Wednesday morning.

More than a dozen sheriff’s deputies and personnel from the adult jail ringed the Division One District Courtroom as the allegations against Moore were detailed by Deputy Prosecutor Nicole Pugh.

Jefferson County District Judge Kim Bridgforth told Moore he would be held without bond on one count of capital murder and three counts of first-degree battery in the incident, pending the filing of formal charges.

Moore, 18, is accused in the shooting death of Walter Ashley Jr., 39, on the parking lot of the Three Gables nightclub at about 3:30 a.m. Sunday. Ashley was pronounced dead of an apparent gunshot wound to the upper body.

Three other people who had been at the club were also shot, Pugh said. Luther Whaley, 23, of Pine Bluff was shot in the upper left arm, Dontranell Harrison, 21, of Stuttgart was shot in the leg, and Maklina McLemore, 20, of Pine Bluff was shot in the foot.

Trammell Moore’s brother, Joshua Moore, 22, was arrested Sunday. Following a court appearance Monday, Joshua Moore will be held without bond on the same allegations as Trammell Moore.

Reading from an affidavit from Detective Jerry Lambert, Pugh said two fights were reported inside the club at 3003 W. Pullen St., and off-duty police officers working security on the parking lot went inside to help club security break up the fights, using pepper spray the second time.

Lambert reported that Joshua Moore waived his right to an attorney and told investigators that he and his brother got into a fight with another man inside the club, and Joshua Moore went outside to get in his car and leave. Joshua Moore said he saw Trammell Moore walking and holding a gun at his side and saw him raise the gun and start shooting.

Pugh said after the shooting, Trammell Moore reportedly jumped into the car with Joshua Moore and told him to drive.

Joshua Moore told police he drove his brother to a house on Fox Street, then drove away and was stopped by a Jefferson County Sheriff’s deputy and a security guard from the nightclub that had followed the car.

During a court hearing Monday for Joshua Moore, Lambert said there was no indication that any of the people who were shot were involved in the fight with Trammell Moore or Joshua Moore inside the club.

Trammell Moore surrendered to Lambert on Tuesday at Miramar and Bay streets and after being interviewed, was taken to the adult detention center.

In court Wednesday, he said he would hire his own attorney.