LITTLE ROCK — A series of informal public listening sessions is scheduled during February to gather public comments on possible revisions to the state's water quality standards.
LITTLE ROCK — A series of informal public listening sessions is scheduled during February to gather public comments on possible revisions to the state’s water quality standards.
The meetings are part of the Arkansas Pollution Control and Ecology Commission’s triennial review of Regulation 2, the state’s water quality standards, required by the federal Clean Water Act.
The meetings are scheduled for:
• Feb. 9 at ADEQ headquarters in North Little Rock. The meeting begins at 2 p.m.
• Feb. 15 in Fayetteville at the Clarion Inn Terrace Room, 1255 S. Shiloh Drive. The meeting begins at 6 p.m.
• Feb. 16 in Batesville at the University of Arkansas Community College at Batesvile. The meeting, in the Independence Hall Room, begins at 6 p.m.
• Feb. 21 in West Memphis at the Eugene Woods Civic Center, 212 W. Polk Ave. The meeting begins at 6 p.m.
• Feb. 23 in El Dorado at the Arkansas Oil and Gas Commission Building, 2215 W. Hillsboro St. The meeting begins at 6 p.m.
The ADEQ also is seeking interested people to volunteer for a stakeholder work group to be formed as part of the review process. The work group will hold a series of meetings later in the year to help ADEQ staff in developing a final draft of proposed changes to Regulation 2.
People unable to attending the public meetings can send written comments to Sarah Clem, ADEQ, 301 Northshore Drive, North Little Rock, AR 72118, or email them to:
The deadline for written comments is 4:30 p.m. on Feb. 29.