FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas guard B.J. Young collapsed on the court in disbelief Tuesday night.

FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas guard B.J. Young collapsed on the court in disbelief Tuesday night.

His last-second layup had just rolled off the rim, finishing Ole Miss’ 77-75 win against the Razorbacks in front of an announced crowd of 12,378 in Bud Walton Arena. But the miss, alone, wasn’t the only reason the freshman got up with tears in his eyes and had to be consoled by Arkansas coach Mike Anderson as he walked back to the Razorbacks’ locker room.

It was the way a 15-point lead evaporated in the second half. The way Arkansas closed what will be remembered as a record-setting season in Bud Walton Arena with three straight losses. And the way the Razorbacks couldn’t come through for teammates Marvell Waithe and Michael Sanchez, seniors who were recognized before playing their final home games.

“He’s hurt,” Anderson said. “All of our guys are hurt. He wanted to win this game not only for our season, but for those seniors. … So they are hurt.”

Ole Miss (17-12, 7-8 in Southeastern Conference) ruined senior night in Bud Walton Arena once again, erasing a 55-40 deficit over the final 13 minutes to extend its dominance over Arkansas (18-12, 6-9).

Forward Terrance Henry, who scored a team-high 19 points, drove the length of the court, made a layup, was fouled and completed the three-point play to give the Rebels a two-point lead with 8.2 seconds left. Then Young, who split two defenders and got the basket, watched as his layup missed at the buzzer.

The gut-wrenching sequence resulted in Arkansas’ third straight loss in Bud Walton Arena after a 17-0 start. It also was Ole Miss’ fourth straight win in BWA — three of which have been on senior night.

Ole Miss had more than enough thanks to Henry and forwards Reginald Buckner and Murphy Holloway, who have had a habit of roughing up the Razorbacks. The duo combined for 24 points and 31 rebounds in the second meeting, helping Ole Miss score 13 second-chance points and get to the free-throw line (20 of 32).

The Razorbacks, in fact, looked like they were going to rout the Rebels after surviving a 7-0 Ole Miss spurt that cut the lead to 35-33 in the second half.

Guard Mardracus Wade and forward Brandon Mitchell led the Razorbacks on a 20-7 spurt. Wade — who didn’t attempt a shot in the first half — knocked down four three-pointers within a three-minutes span. Mitchell scored eight points on four field goals, too, including a thunderous dunk over Henry that whipped the crowd into a frenzy 5 minutes into the half.

The Rebels took their first lead of the second half with 2:48 to play when Holloway knocked down two free throws to make it 69-68. His tip-in on a missed shot with 32 seconds left gave Ole Miss another lead at 74-73. Then Young was fouled on his way to the basket on the other end and made two free throws, setting the stage for Henry’s decisive drive to the basket.