Thieves stole a credit card reader, speaker and metal panel from a stall at the Sonic drive-in, 8601 Dollarway Road, between 1 and 10 a.m., manager Gordon Whitaker told Patrolman Brent Bridges.
Whitaker estimated the value of the missing items at $600, Bridges said.
A car and a pickup truck were involved in an afternoon collision on Sheridan Road at the Interstate 530 interchange, Patrolman Robert Rogers wrote in an accident report.
David S. Stewart of 404 Grant Road 19, Grapevine, was quoted as telling Rogers his 1996 Ford Ranger pickup was stopped at a traffic light behind a 2012 BMW 528i driven by Alison M. House of 17 Valley Court, Sheridan.
When the light changed to green, Stewart said he started forward, not realizing the BMW had not moved, with the truck striking the rear bumper of the car.
Patrolman Mike Monk said a parked 2006 Toyota Camry owned by Bernice Lois Lackey of 203 E. Holland, White Hall, was hit on the parking lot of Fred’s Discount Store, 8515 Dollarway Road, when a 2005 Chevrolet van driven by Stacy Lynn Westbrook of 1511 Blue Jay Drive, Pine Bluff, backed out of a parking space.
A 2011 Dodge Challenger driven by Bret D. Blasengame of 507 Bessie Drive, White Hall, was heavily damaged when it struck a utility pole at the intersection of Rock Street and Natural Drive, according to Patrolman Tommy Kelly.
A witness told the officer that the driver of the car left the scene. Blasengame was arrested later at his residence and charged with careless and prohibited driving and leaving the scene of an accident, according to Kelly’s accident report.
White Hall firemen were dispatched to the Interstate 530 median north of exit 32 in response to a report of a grass fire. The grass fire was extinguished, Assistant Fire Chief David Hopson.
The report indicated sparks from the left rear wheel of a 1994 Mercury Grand Marquis owned by Calvin Henry Jr. of 800 N. Beech, Apt. 201, North Little Rock, ignited the fire. All five lug nuts were sheared off the wheel, Hopson’s report indicated.
Firemen responded to a reported natural gas leak at Twin Pines Trailer Park, Lot B1, 9204 Dollarway Road, and determined the gas pipe to the meter was broken and gas was escaping from the pipe.
Fire Chief Sandy Castleberry said firemen stood by until CenterPoint Energy personnel arrived to repair the pipe.
Firemen answered an alarm involving smoke in the rear of the Clothesline Consignment Shop, 8404 Dollarway, and found a faulty ballast in a florescent light in the storage area.
Power was shut off to the light fixture, Fire Marshal Bill Beadle said. There was no fire.
Kristen Dunn reported a clothes dryer fire in a residence at 1108 Meredith St. She was quoted as telling firemen she was drying clothes, saw smoke and threw water in the dryer to extinguish the flames.
Beadle said firemen determined lint in the bottom of the dryer had ignited.
Firemen answered a grease fire alarm at Popeye’s Chicken and Biscuits, 8101 Sheridan Road, Hopson said, adding the fire was out on arrival.
Employees were quoted as saying the fire started beneath a fryer. One employee was administered oxygen by an EASI ambulance crew. No one was injured.