The Arkansas Department of Health regulates the sale of food at establishments which include restaurants, bars, daycares, schools, grocery stores, convenience stores, bed and breakfast facilities, hotels/motels, mobile units and concession stands. Inspections are made unannounced by environmental health specialists.
Electronic copies of retail food inspection reports are available on the Arkansas Food Inspection Portal. To access the portal, visit the food protection page on the Arkansas Department of Health website at www.healthy.arkansas.gov.
The following are the results of food safety inspections conducted by the Jefferson County Health Unit:
• Taco Bell, 3501 Camden Road. Date of inspection Sept. 27. Observation: All trash cans need lids. Only need lids if they contain residue and are not in continuous use.
• Kibb’s Bar-B-Que #2, 2117 University Drive. Date of inspection Sept. 27. Discontinue consuming food, use of unapproved beverage containers, or use of food preparation or warewashing area. A handwashing sink shall be maintained so that it is accessible at all times for employee use, and do not use for purposes other than handwashing.
• Arby’s, U.S. 63 B. Date of inspection Sept. 28. Ice scoop should be stored in a different area not in ice. Observation: All trash cans need lids. Only need lids if they contain food residue and are not in continuous use.
• Ocean’s Fish and Chicken, 3700 Camden Road. Date of inspection Sept. 27. Provide a supply of individual disposable towels or a continuous towel system that supplies the user with a clean towel or a heated-air drying device at each handwashing sink in food preparation, toilet and warewashing areas. Observation: Need to clean non-food contact surface (counter tops.) Must have a sign or poster that notifies food workers to wash their hands at all handwashing sinks used by food workers and shall be clearly visible to food workers. All drinking (cups) must have a lid and a straw. Make sure to label all food in walk-in cooler as discussed.
• Thomas Grocery and Gifts, 2003 N. University Drive, Suite 7. Date of inspection Sept. 26. Observation: No current health permit posted.
• Two Brothers One Stop, 2215 S. Blake St. Date of inspection Sept. 26. Observation: Need to clean non-food contact surface.
• Briggs Bar-B-Que Cooking, 2221 S. Olive St., Suite J. Date of inspection into complaint Sept. 28. Standing water in kitchen, floor drain needs to be repaired. Observation: General cleaning of establishment. Observation: Vent hood needs to repaired.