MONTICELLO — The University of Arkansas at Monticello will celebrate Homecoming 2017 Oct. 14-21.
Saturday, Oct. 14, the celebration begins with the UAM Alumni and Friends Golf Tournament, a four-person scramble at DeSoto Golf Course at Hot Springs Village. The entry fee is $300 per team or $75 per player and includes green fees and cart. The tournament begins at 9 a.m. with a shotgun start.
Monday, Oct. 16, a Spirit Wall painting contest and picnic will be held near the Centennial Clock Tower.
Tuesday, Oct. 17, Big Money Bingo is scheduled for 7 pm. in the John F. Gibson University Center.
Wednesday, Oct. 18, a beam signing for the Student Success Center and ribbon cutting ceremony for the Learning Commons of the Taylor Library and Technology Center will begin at the construction site at 2 p.m. The ribbon will be cut at 2:30 p.m. in the Learning Commons of the Taylor Library and Technology Center. Scheduled speakers include UA System President Donald Bobbitt, state Sen. Eddie Cheatham and UAM Chancellor Karla Hughes. A comedy show is set for at 6 p.m. in the Fine Arts Center.
Thursday, Oct. 19, the UAM Sports Hall of Fame induction banquet will be held at 6 p.m. in the University Center. Tickets are $40 each and may be purchased by calling the Department of Athletics at 870-460-1058. At Convoy Leslie Cotton Boll Stadium, bed races and a pep rally start at 8 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 20, a Homecoming Celebration for Alumni and Friends, including an informal dinner and introduction of the 2017 Alumni Award for Achievement and Merit recipients, is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. in the University Center.
A full slate of activities is scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 21, including:
• A&M/UAM African-American Alumni Reunion Breakfast, 9 a.m., Capitol Room of the University Center;
• Alpha Sigma Alpha Sorority Reunion Breakfast, 9 a.m., University Center Gallery Room;
• Homecoming Queens Reunion Brunch, 10 a.m., University Center Green Room;
• Welcome to UAM Alumni Tent, 11 a.m., Tailgate Row;
• Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Reunion, 11 a.m., Tailgate Row;
• UAM Band and Music Reunions, 11 a.m., Tailgate Row;
• Kappa Alpha Order Fraternity Reunion, 11 a.m., Tailgate Row;
• Walk of Champions and Homecoming Parade, 12:30 p.m., Tailgate Row;
• Pre-game Ceremony, including introduction of 2017 Homecoming Court and coronation of Queen, 2:30 p.m., Convoy Leslie Cotton Boll Stadium;
• Kickoff of Homecoming football game, UAM vs. Southern Nazarene, 3 p.m., Convoy Leslie Cotton Boll Stadium.
Details: Office of Alumni Affairs, 870-460-1028.