The Arkansas Department of Health regulates the sale of food at establishments which include restaurants, bars, daycares, schools, grocery stores, convenience stores, bed and breakfast facilities, hotels/motels, mobile units and concession stands. Inspections are made unannounced by environmental health specialists.
Electronic copies of retail food inspection reports are available on the Arkansas Food Inspection Portal. To access the portal, visit the food protection page on the Arkansas Department of Health website at www.healthy.arkansas.gov.
The following are the results of food safety inspections conducted by the Jefferson County Health Unit:
• Dotties On The Mezzanine, P.O. Box 7009. Date of inspection Oct. 24. Observed French fries sitting out to thaw. Food should only be thawed out using an approved method. French fries were placed in refrigerator during inspection.
• Gould Youth Ministries, 1218 S. Main St. Date of inspection Oct. 24. Back door seal is broken and needs to be replaced. Some wall tiles and floor tiles throughout kitchen area are damaged and need to be replaced.
• Mammouth Orange, 1315 Donna Drive, Redfield. Date of inspection Oct. 24. Wiping cloths shall be used as intended and in compliance with regulations pertaining to retail food establishment. Wiping cloth shall be placed in a sanitize solution after each use. No bare hand contact with exposed, ready-to-eat food or ice. Use gloves, spatulas, tongs, deli tissue or other dispensing equipment.
• Paps BBQ and Catering, 600 S. Ash St. Date of inspection Oct. 24. Observation: Make sure grill is enclosed.
• The Family Diner, 116 S. Highway 365, Redfield. Date of inspection Oct. 24. Food workers shall wear hair restraints. Observation: Establishment needs testing strips to measure the concentration of the sanitizing solution. The inside of the microwave needs to cleaned.
• Stop N Shop Express, 131512 U.S. 79 N. Altheimer. Date of inspection Oct. 23. TCS foods shall be thawed using an approved method. Need sanitizer test strips.
• Thomas Groceries & Gifts, 202 E. Front St., Altheimer. Date of inspection Oct. 23. Observation: A valid permit must be posted in view of the public. Need more lighting in establishment.
• Granny’s Kitchen, 2901 Pines Mall Drive. Date of inspection Oct. 20. Observation: Establishment needs testing strips to measure the concentration of the sanitizing solution. Observation: Need to clean wall in kitchen area. Observation: The kitchen area needs a general cleaning before opening.
• Central Baptist Church kitchen, 6107 Dollarway Road. Date of inspection Oct. 19. No paper towels available at hand- washing sink. Paper towels or other hand drying device should be available at all hand washing sinks. Paper towels were placed at hand-washing sink during inspection. Observed single service ham container holding relish in refrigerator. Single service containers must not be reused. Ham container was discarded during inspection. Ice machine deflector shield is unclean and needs to be cleaned. Deflector shield was cleaned during inspection.
• Super 8 Motel, 1 Hospitality Lane White Hall. Date of inspection Oct. 19. Observed dishes being air dried on cloth towels. Dishes should not be dried on cloth towels. Some cold holding temperatures (yogurt) in breakfast room cooler out of safe temperature range (must be 41 degrees F or below). Yogurt was discarded during inspection.
• A and S Quick Mart, 1416 S. Blake St. Date of inspection Oct. 18. Current health permit is not posted. Seasoning out of its original package on counter top by coffee pot is not labeled. Seasoning should be labeled with common name of the food it contains if removed from its original packaging. Observed ice scoop being stored directly on top of ice machine. Ice scoop should be stored in a way to protect it from contamination between use. Used wiping cloths observed sitting out around back room. Wiping cloths should be kept in a sanitizer solution between use. Test strips are needed in establishment to test sanitizer strength. Restroom door has no self closure on it. Restroom door should be self closing.
• Kibb’s BBQ 2, 1400 S. Blake St. Date of inspection Oct. 18. The premises shall be maintained free of insects, rodents, and other pests and controlled to eliminate their presence on the premises. Observation: Establishment needs testing strips to measure the concentration of the sanitizing solution. Observation: A valid permit must be posted in view of the public. Food items in cooler must be held at an internal temperature of 41 below. There are some missing floor tiles that need to be repaired/replaced. Observation: Need to clean non-food contact surface (counter top.)
• Kibb’s BBQ 2, 1400 S. Blake St. Date of follow-up inspection Oct. 25. No observations reported.
• Turning Point Youth Development Center, 508 S. Mulberry St. Date of inspection Oct. 18. Observation: No current health permit posted.