The Arkansas Department of Health regulates the sale of food at establishments which include restaurants, bars, daycares, schools, grocery stores, convenience stores, bed and breakfast facilities, hotels/motels, mobile units and concession stands. Inspections are made unannounced by environmental health specialists.
Electronic copies of retail food inspection reports are available on the Arkansas Food Inspection Portal. To access the portal, visit the food protection page on the Arkansas Department of Health website at www.healthy.arkansas.gov.
The following are the results of food safety inspections conducted by the Jefferson County Health Unit:
• Corner Grocery & Market, 2118 W. 13th Ave. Date of inspection April 25. Do not store chemicals near food.
• Indigo Blue Coffeehouse, 212 W. Barraque St. Date of inspection for opening May 3. This establishment is okay to operate.
• Sobriety Living Center, 2001 W. Fifth Ave. Date of complaint inspection April 24. Some ceiling tiles in kitchen and dry storage area are damaged and need to be replaced.
• Mi Casita Tex Mex Restaurant, 1005 Sheridan Road, Redfield. Date of follow-up inspection May 1. All violations corrected at time of follow-up inspection.
• Stop-N-Shop, 1100 W. 16th Ave. Date of follow-up inspection April 30. During follow-up inspection all violations corrected.
• CAM Pizza LLC - (dba Domino’s) 23OO S. Olive St. Date of complaint inspection
April 24. No violations pertaining to complaint during inspection.
• Quapaw Hardy House, 7301 W. 13th Ave. Date of follow-up inspection April 20. Ok to operate- permit given. Violations from last report were corrected.
• Pine Bluff Hibachi, 4804 Dollarway Road. Date of follow-up inspection April 13. Some ceiling tiles in back area are damaged and need to be replaced.
• The Family Diner, 116 S. Highway 365, Redfield. Date of complaint inspection April 19. During time of inspection no dog present.