A $100,000 bond was set Tuesday for a Jefferson County man accused of rape and other crimes.

Pine Bluff District Judge John Kearney set the bond after ruling prosecutors have probable cause to charge Mario Boyd, 48, with rape, third-degree d0mestic battery, aggravated assault and being a felon in possession of a firearm because of a previous conviction.

Boyd was arrested Sunday after Jefferson County sheriff’s deputies responded to a home in the 6400 block of Gibbons Road in response to a reported domestic disturbance.

The alleged victim said she and Boyd had argued over her phone and that during a physical altercation, Boyd pushed her into a shelf, resulting in a scratch to her back. He also allegedly elbowed her in the chest. She said she asked him to leave and he agreed to stay somewhere else that night.

Sheriff’s Investigator Johnathan Powell said in a probable cause affidavit that deputies were sent back to the house at approximately 2:20 a.m. where the victim said Boyd had raped her and pointed a gun at her. She told deputies she was initially embarrassed to report the rape. While at the house, deputies collected a .22-caliber handgun and escorted the woman to Jefferson Regional Medical Center for a rape examination.

She was interviewed at the hospital and later at the sheriff’s office, telling investigators that she had been talking to another man when Boyd took her phone and read Facebook messages between her and the person she had been talking to.

She said she tried to get the phone but the two struggled, and Boyd threatened to tell the man’s wife about the affair. The alleged victim said Boyd pushed her to her knees and forced her to perform oral sex, then pushed her onto her stomach and later her back to have sex with her.

Boyd also allegedly filmed the act with her phone, which she later gave to investigators.

She said Boyd also forced her to delete her Facebook account, Facebook Messenger, and certain contacts before he left. She said he came back with a gun in his hand and pointed it at her, and when deputies arrived, he hid the gun.

When Boyd was questioned, he said he took the alleged victim’s phone and looked at the messages on it, and the two of them discussed the affair. Boyd said the alleged victim said she would do anything to fix the situation, and Boyd said he told her he wanted sex. He said he stopped after a short time when she began crying, and the two discussed the affair again.

Boyd also said when they discussed the affair he got madder and madder and got his gun and said he was going to confront the woman’s boyfriend but changed his mind. He also said the sex was consensual and said the gun was left to him by his father. Records from the Arkansas Crime Information Center showed Boyd was convicted of burglary and felon in possession of a firearm in 1994.

Powell reported that Boyd, who had been taken to the adult detention center, contacted him later Sunday and said he had talked to the alleged victim and said the call was evidence that would prove it was not rape. Powell said he listened to the call and Boyd made multiple attempts to convince her to drop the rape charge. Those attempts included offers to sign divorce papers, leave the property and continue to make payments on the property if she would drop the charge.

Powell also reported that he did not hear any evidence that the rape did not occur.

Boyd was ordered to have no contact with the alleged victim until the case is settled.

The Public Defender’s Office was appointed to represent Boyd.