The first two suspects in the shooting deaths of two Pine Bluff teenagers last Thursday made their first court appearance Monday and heard District Judge John Kearney telling them they would be held without bond.

Jermaine Jackson Jr., 18, was arrested Friday, and Carl Turner Jr., 18, was arrested late Saturday — both are charged with one count each of capital murder and one count each of a terroristic act stemming from the deaths of Keandre Johnson, 17, and Kelvonte K. Trammell, 17, following a shooting in the 2400 block of South Fir Street at about 4:10 p.m. Thursday.

Johnson was found in the passenger seat of a red Honda with multiple gunshot wounds and was pronounced dead at the scene by Jefferson County Coroner Chad Kelley. Trammell was taken to Jefferson Regional Medical Center by private vehicle and was pronounced dead by a doctor.

According to a probable cause affidavit from Pine Bluff Detective Ryan Moheb, the vehicle that Johnson was found in was in a ditch with the engine still running and multiple bullet holes in it. There was also blood in the seat.

Moheb reported that officers found 5.56 millimeter, 7.62 millimeter and .40 caliber shell casings in the immediate area near the Honda.

Video from a security camera showed a white Dodge Charger traveling toward 24th Avenue on Fir Street and a grey Mercury Grand Marquis heading in the same direction. Three subjects were seen walking west on 24th Avenue from the area where the Dodge Charger was last seen, and the video footage showed the Honda being shot.

As the Dodge Charger attempted to leave the area, three black males holding rifles were seen trying to enter the Dodge Charger but were unable to do so.

The video also showed the Grand Marquis backing up and the three males armed with rifles running toward the area of the Mercury. There were no passengers in the Mercury Grand Marquis when it backed up, but when it was seen leaving the area, the vehicle was occupied by multiple passengers.

Moheb reported that he talked to a witness who gave a similar account as to what was seen on the video. The witness also identified Jackson as the driver of the Mercury Grand Marquis and said he was armed with a .40-caliber handgun. The witness also said Turner was one of the occupants of the Grand Marquis.

A second witness also identified Jackson as the driver of the Grand Marquis and said he was armed with a handgun and was shooting at the Honda that was occupied by Johnson and Trammell. That same witness said Turner was the front seat passenger and said they saw Turner and the other occupants of the Grand Marquis get out of the vehicle, shoot the Honda, then get out of the vehicle and leave.

When Jackson was questioned Friday, he waived his right to an attorney and told police he had a revolver while driving the Grand Marquis and said he was at the scene of the shooting but did not fire any shots during the incident.

Turner, who was arrested late Saturday, asked for an attorney and was not interviewed.

In addition to Jackson and Turner, Dontarrius Brown, 18, was arrested Sunday and Pine Bluff Police Lt. David De Foor said officers expect to make an additi0nal arrest in the case. Brown is expected to appear in Jefferson County District Court for a probable/e cause hearing Tuesday.

Pine Bluff attorney William Howard appeared with Jackson Monday and said he had been hired to represent him and Turner said his family would hire an attorney for him.

The two deaths bring to eight the number of murders reported in Pine Bluff so far this year.