The Arkansas Department of Health regulates the sale of food at establishments which include restaurants, bars, daycares, schools, grocery stores, convenience stores, bed and breakfast facilities, hotels/motels, mobile units and concession stands. Inspections are made unannounced by environmental health specialists.
Electronic copies of retail food inspection reports are available on the Arkansas Food Inspection Portal. To access the portal, visit the food protection page on the Arkansas Department of Health website at www.healthy.arkansas.gov.
The following are the results of food safety inspections conducted by the Jefferson County Health Unit:
• McDonald’s, 2819 Olive St. Date of inspection into complaint July 10. No violations pertaining to complaint during inspection.
• Wendy’s, 2909 W. 28th Ave. Date of inspection into complaint July 10. No violations pertaining to the complaint during inspection.
• CB Market, P. O. Box 121, Wabbaseka. Date of inspection into complaint July 9. The health inspector observed the bread with current date and did not see any mold. The inspector did not observe any (violations) in this establishment. The inspector did tell the owner if they want to smoke in the establishment, she should apply for the Arkansas Clean Indoor Air act exemption form.
• Divine Kitchen, 2122 S. Blake St. Date of follow-up inspection July 3. All violations corrected during time of inspection.
• Super 1 Foods, 2800 Hazel St. Date of inspection June 20. No paper towels provided at hand-washing sink in the meat department. Paper towels or other hand drying device needed at hand-washing sink. Observed employee washing dishes in hand-washing sink. Hand-washing sink should only be used for washing hands. Hand-washing sink in meat department is unclean and needs to be cleaned. Ice machine deflector shield in produce area is unclean and needs to be cleaned. Some cold holding temperatures are out of safe temperature range in produce walk-in cooler (must be 41 degrees F or below). Back door in produce area is not sealed properly to prevent pests from entering — seal needs repaired. Observed cardboard boxes being used to line floors with in meat department. Absorbent materials should not be used on floors.
• Super 1 Foods deli, 2800 Hazel St. Date of inspection June 20. No paper towels provided at hand-washing sinks. Paper towels or other hand drying device needed at all hand-washing sinks. Temperature of chicken and dressing in walk-in cooler is out of safe temperature range (must be 41 degrees F or below). Chicken and dressing was discarded during inspection. Observed chemicals being stored on top of cooking equipment and boxes of almonds. Chemicals should be stored separate from cooking equipment and food. Chemicals were moved to chemical storage area during inspection. Observed some seasonings out of the original package and in bulk bins not labeled. Food out of its original package should be labeled with the common name of the food it contains. Some shelving in walk-in cooler in deli area is unclean and needs to be cleaned. Observed liquid backing out of drain in walk-in cooler in the deli - needs to be repaired. Some floors in kitchen, especially under equipment, is unclean and needs to be cleaned.