Pine Bluff police are continuing their investigations into the shooting deaths of two men in apparently unrelated incidents Sunday night and early Monday. Meanwhile, the suspect in Jefferson County’s third murder of the year made her first court appearance Monday and will be held without bond on probable cause of capital murder.

The first of the two Pine Bluff incidents occurred at the intersection of Camden Road and Union Avenue when police found a vehicle, which had hit a pole, at around 11 p.m. with the body of a man inside.

Jefferson County Coroner Chad Kelley identified that man as Antonio Urquhart, 27, of Pine Bluff. Kelley pronounced Urquhart dead at 12:29 a.m. Monday morning and listed the cause of death as multiple gunshot wounds to the upper body.

While police were at that scene, they were called to 5102 W. 6th Ave. in response to a reported shooting and found the body of Travis Scales, 32, inside a residence. He was pronounced dead at the scene by Kelley at 1 a.m.

Both bodies were sent to the State Crime Laboratory for autopsies Monday.

The two deaths bring to 10 the number of homicides reported so far this year in Pine Bluff. During the same period in 2017, 16 homicides had been reported, and during all of 2017, there were 28 homicides.

In 2014, Urquhart was allegedly involved in an altercation on the parking lot of Swan’s Lounge and Bar at 3003 W. Pullen St. with Dedric Jones, who was the boyfriend of Urquhart’s former girlfriend. Former Jefferson County Sheriff’s Deputy Randy Jackson had words with Jones before Jones left the club.

Jackson then shot Jones on the parking lot of the business. At his trial in 2016, Jackson testified that he saw Jones reach under his shirt as if he had a weapon, and Jackson, who was then assigned to the Tri-County Drug Task Force, fired a shot, hitting Jones once in the chest. Jackson was found not guilty of first-degree battery following a 2016 trial.

Anyone with information about either death should contact the Detective Division at 730-2090 or the dispatch center at 541-5300.

In the county’s homicide, which happened in the Hardin Community, Patricia Ann Hill, 69, was arrested in the Saturday night shooting death of her husband, Frank Hill, who was found in a shed behind a house the couple shared at 3108 Donaldson Lane. He was taken to Jefferson Regional Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead at 3:15 p.m.

Jefferson County Sheriff’s Investigator Johnathan Powell said in a probable cause affidavit that a deputy was sent to the house in response to a reported domestic disturbance; the caller said she had shot her husband. When the deputy arrived, Patricia Hill was in the front of the house and told the deputy that the gun was in the house and that her husband was in a shed behind the residence.

After putting Patricia Hill inside a patrol car, the deputy and Emergency Ambulance Service personnel went to the shed and found Frank Hill lying on the floor of the building.

Patricia Hill was questioned after waving her right to an attorney and said that in June, she found that her husband had ordered a pornographic channel from the Dish Network television service. After she canceled the channel, she told her husband that if he did it again, he would have to leave. She said when she received the Dish Network bill Saturday, she saw that the pornographic channel had been re-added and went to her husband’s “man cave” to confront him.

She said she told him to take his televisions and leave.

She said Frank Hill told her he was not leaving, and she kicked over a table that was holding Frank Hill’s beer and other things, then went into the house to retrieve a .22-caliber pistol. She said she went back to the “man cave,” where she found Frank Hill kneeling down to pick up the things that had been on the table; she fired the gun, hitting Frank Hill in the leg, then fired a second time. She said she did not know where the second bullet struck him.

After firing the shots, she walked back into the house and called 911.

When asked if there had been any physical altercations between she and Frank, she said there had not. When asked why she shot her husband, she said she “just snapped.” She also said there had been no history of abuse, adding that she “just really messed up.”

After obtaining a search warrant, sheriff’s investigators recovered a Beretta 22.-caliber pistol and an opened Dish Network bill in the house, along with a spent .22-caliber bullet casing in the shed near where Frank Hill was found.

Attorney John Landis represented Patricia Hill during the court hearing before Pine Bluff District Judge John Kearney Monday and told the court he would be filing a motion to have a bond set for her. She is currently being held without bond.