The University of Arkansas at Monticello will celebrate its 2018 Homecoming, Oct. 15–20, according to a news release.
Monday, Oct. 15, the celebration begins with student organizations painting “Spirit Walls” in the courtyard area around the Clock Tower.
Tuesday, Oct. 16, there will be a Campus Cook Out & Bon Fire sponsored by the Campus Ministries at 5 p.m. on the MBSF lawn.
Wednesday, Oct. 17, the celebration continues with the UAM National Pan-Hellenic Council “Music on the Yard” at the University Center Plaza, from 6-9 p.m. The UAM NPHC Greek Organizations will “showcase their moves, strolls, and struts while engaging the campus community and promoting diversity on campus,” according to the release.
Thursday, Oct. 18, activities will begin with an Alumni Tea at the Trotter House from 2-4 p.m. Everyone is invited to attend. Special food and beverages will be provided by the hospitality and tourism departments. Tickets are $15 each. The Trotter House is located at 404 N. Main at Monticello.
At 6 p.m. the UAM Sports Hall of Fame induction banquet will be held in the University Center Green Room. The community is invited to join the university in celebrating five former, esteemed athletes as they are officially inducted into the UAM Sports Hall of Fame. Wess Moore, Sports director on Fox 16 and 103.7 “The Buzz,” will serve as the Master of ceremony. Tickets are $35 each. Proceeds will benefit the UAM Sports Hall of Fame. For tickets, contact the Department of Athletics at 870-460-1058.
At 8 p.m. Oct. 18, alumni and friends are invited to join students at Convoy Leslie Cotton Boll Stadium for bed races and a pep rally.
Friday, Oct. 19, UAM Alumni and Friends Golf Tournament will be held at the Monticello Country Club, sponsored by the UAM Sports Association. This event is free to all alumni. The tournament begins at 1 p.m., followed by a reception at 6 p.m. For details, call Paul Griffin at 870-723-4030.
Friday, Oct. 19, a Homecoming Celebration for Alumni and Friends, including an informal dinner and introduction of the 2018 Alumni Award for Achievement and Merit recipients and Continuing the Connection Awards is scheduled for 6 p.m. at The Ridge, 238 Wilson Mill Road, Monticello. For more information, call the UAM Alumni Affairs office at 870-460-1028.
A full slate of activities is scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 20, including:
• A&M/UAM African-American Alumni Reunion Breakfast, 8:30 a.m., Capitol Room of the University Center. Alumni and friends are invited to attend this traditional celebration to reminisce with A&M/UAM African-American alumni. Tickets are $20 each. Contact Classie Jones-Green at 870-556-0527;
• Alpha Sigma Alpha Sorority Reunion Breakfast, 10 a.m., University Center Gallery Room. There will be a silent auction to raise money for Special Olympics. Contact MacKienze Johnson, Alpha Sig representative at 318-331-2738;
• Homecoming Queens Reunion Brunch, 10 a.m., University Center Green Room. Contact Lisa Jo Ross at 870-460-1028 for details;
• UAM Softball Alumni Game, 10 a.m., UAM Softball Field. For details, call the UAM Athletic Department at 870-460-1058;
• Weevil Tailgate Parties, 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Tailgate Row adjacent to Weevil Pond. All A&M/UAM alumni and friends are invited to participate in pre-game tailgating.
• Reunions Scheduled: 1988 & 1993 Football Teams, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Alpha Sigma Alpha Sorority, Kappa Alpha Fraternity, Sigma Tau Gamma Fraternity;
• Weevil Walk of Champions and Homecoming Parade, 12:30 p.m., Tailgate Row;
• Pre-game ceremony, including introduction of 2018 Homecoming Court and coronation of Queen, 2:30 p.m., Convoy Leslie Cotton Boll Stadium;
• Kickoff of Homecoming football game, 3 p.m., UAM vs. Oklahoma Baptist.
• Halftime softball field dedication in memory of Coach Alvy Early, Convoy Leslie Cotton Boll Stadium.
Details: UAM Office of Alumni Affairs, 870-460-1028 or http://www.uamont.edu/pages/alumni/homecoming/ .