The Arkansas Department of Health regulates the sale of food at establishments which include restaurants, bars, daycares, schools, grocery stores, convenience stores, bed and breakfast facilities, hotels/motels, mobile units and concession stands. Inspections are made unannounced by environmental health specialists.
Electronic copies of retail food inspection reports are available on the Arkansas Food Inspection Portal. To access the portal, visit the food protection page on the Arkansas Department of Health website at www.healthy.arkansas.gov.
The following are the results of food safety inspections conducted by the Jefferson County Health Unit:
• Chef King Inc., 2318 W. 28th Ave. Date of follow-up inspection Oct. 12. All critical violations corrected during time of follow-up inspection.
• Mi Casita Tex Mex Restaurant, 1005 Sheridan Road, P.O. Box 122, Redfield. Date of follow-up inspection Oct. 17. All critical violations were corrected at time of follow-up inspection.
• Zaima Enterprises LLC, U.S. 65 and Arkansas 46, Redfield. Date of inspection into complaint Oct. 17. No critical violations observed during time of compliant inspection.
• The Hook, 7203 Sheridan Road, Suite A, White Hall. Date of inspection Sept. 28. Inside of microwave is unclean and needs to be cleaned. Inside of microwave was cleaned during inspection. No thermometer observed in small front refrigerator. Thermometers needed in all refrigerators holding food that must stay cold. Observed packages of food being stored directly on the floor in the walk in cooler, walk in freezer, and dry storage. Packages of food should be stored at least 6 inches off of the floor. Observed used wiping cloths sitting on counter tops. Wiping cloths should be stored in a sanitizer solution between use. Absorbent material observed being used on floors next to fryers. Absorbent materials should not be used on floors. Floors in kitchen, especially under equipment, are unclean and need to be cleaned.
• Southern Edge Truck Stop, 9001 U.S. 63. Date of inspection Sept. 27. Observed ribs being stored on floor. Food should be stored at least six inches above the floor. Observed wiping cloths laying on counter. Wiping cloth should be kept in a sanitize solution after each use. may not be used in contact with cleaned and sanitized or in-use food contact surfaces. Observation: Observed vent hood needs to be cleaned. All surfaces should be cleaned to allow sufficient ventilation.
• ADDI’S Corner 2, 101 N. Blake St. Date of inspection Sept. 25. Observed a bottle of chemical being stored directly beside coffee filter with coffee in it. Chemicals should be stored separate from food. Chemical was moved and coffee and filter were thrown away during inspection. Thermometers not noted in all refrigerators holding food that must stay cold. Thermometers needed in all coolers holding food that must stay cold. Internal thermometer not noted in establishment. Thermometer needed to test internal temperature of food. Observed several dead insects in back storage room. Dead insects should be removed from the premises at a frequency that prevents their accumulation. Observed unclean wiping cloth sitting out on counter top. Wiping cloths should be kept in a sanitizer solution between use. Observed single use cups and lids at self service drink station being stored out of package and not protected. Single use cups and lids should be stored in original packaging or by other means that protects them from contamination until used. Test strips not observed during inspection. Need test strips to test sanitizer strength. Trash cans containing food residue should be covered when not in continuous use. Some floor and ceiling tiles are damaged and need to be replaced.
• Blue Paradise, 4525 W. Barraque St. Date of inspection Sept. 25. Observation: Observed no paper towels at hand-washing sink. Corrective Action: Provide a supply of individual disposable towels or a continuous towel system that supplies the user with a clean towel or a heated-air drying device at each hand-washing sink in food preparation, toilet and ware-washing areas.