The Arkansas Department of Health regulates the sale of food at establishments which include restaurants, bars, daycares, schools, grocery stores, convenience stores, bed and breakfast facilities, hotels/motels, mobile units and concession stands. Inspections are made unannounced by environmental health specialists.
Electronic copies of retail food inspection reports are available on the Arkansas Food Inspection Portal. To access the portal, visit the food protection page on the Arkansas Department of Health website at www.healthy.arkansas.gov.
The following are the results of food safety inspections conducted by the Jefferson County Health Unit:
• Chef King Inc., 2318 W. 28th Ave. Date of inspection into complaint Feb. 1. No violations observed during time of inspection.
• Inspired Nutrition, 2506 W. 28th Ave. Date of opening inspection Feb. 1. Restroom doors are not self closing. Restroom doors should be self closing.
• Jack Robey Junior High School, 4101 S. Olive St. Date of inspection Feb. 1. Observed a leak in the automatic dishwasher. Automatic dishwasher should be repaired so that it is free from leaks. Floors, especially under equipment and shelving, are unclean and need to be cleaned.
• Main Street Food Mart, 1620 Main St. Date of inspection Feb. 1. Some temperatures in the walk in cooler are out of safe temperature range. Time/Temperature Control for Safety (TCS) Foods shall be kept cold at a temperature of 41.0°F or below, as measured by an internal probe thermometer, to limit bacterial growth. No thermometer noted in refrigerator holding milk. Food temperature measuring device shall be provided and readily accessible for use in ensuring attainment and maintenance of food temperature. Three compartment sink is visibly unclean and needs to be cleaned. Restroom door does not have a self closure. Restroom should be provided with a self-closing door. Some floors, especially under all equipment, are unclean and need to be cleaned. Some ceiling tiles in ware washing area are damaged or missing and need to be replaced. No lighting observed in room with ice machine. Lights needed in room with ice machine.
• Sahara Shrine Center, 820 S. Main St. Date of follow-up inspection Feb. 1. No violations reported.
• Covenant Recovery Inc., 3201 W. Pullen St. Date of inspection Jan. 31. Observation: All trash cans need lids. Only need lids if they food residue and are not in continuous use.
• Handy Mart, 6605 U.S. 79 South. Date of inspection Jan. 31. Observation: Observed no paper towels at hand washing sink. Corrective Action: Provide a supply of individual disposable towels or a continuous towel system that supplies the user with a clean towel or a heated-air drying device at each hand-washing sink in food preparation, toilet and ware-washing areas. The worker placed paper towels during time of inspection. Observation: Establishment needs testing strips to measure the concentration of the sanitizing solution. Corrective Action: Test strips must be available and used to test the strength of chemical sanitizing solutions.
• Riverside Wing Thing (WIP DEVE), 2010 Port Road. Date of inspection Jan. 31. Observed flour out of original container. Food not in the original packages for use in establishment must be identified with the common name of the food.
• John’s Grub Hub, mobile license, 1616 S Linden St. Date of inspection Jan. 30. Observation: Corrective Action: Time/Temperature Control for Safety (TCS) Foods shall be kept cold at a temperature of 41.0°F or below, as measured by an internal probe thermometer, to limit bacterial growth.Observation: Establishment needs testing strips to measure the concentration of the sanitizing solution. Corrective Action: Test strips must be available and used to test the strength of chemical sanitizing solutions.
• Papa John’s Pizza, 3800 Camden Road, #310. Date of follow-up inspection Jan. 30. No violations reported.
• Southwood Elementary, P.O Box 7678. Date of inspection Jan. 30. Observed box of single service items beings stored directly on the floor in dry storage. Box of single service items should be stored at least 6 inches off of the ground. Box of single service items were moved off of the ground during inspection. Zero footcandles of light observed in dry storage room. More lighting needed in dry storage.
• Broadmoor Elementary, Wisconsin Street. Date of inspection Jan. 29. Observed accumulation of debris on ice machine. Equipment food contact surfaces and utensils shall be clean to sight and touch. Ice machine was cleaned and sanitized during time of inspection. Ice was discarded.