The Arkansas Department of Health regulates the sale of food at establishments which include restaurants, bars, daycares, schools, grocery stores, convenience stores, bed and breakfast facilities, hotels/motels, mobile units and concession stands. Inspections are made unannounced by environmental health specialists.
Electronic copies of retail food inspection reports are available on the Arkansas Food Inspection Portal. To access the portal, visit the food protection page on the Arkansas Department of Health website at www.healthy.arkansas.gov.
The following are the results of food safety inspections conducted by the Jefferson County Health Unit:
• Academy of Learning, 627 E. Sixth Ave. Date of follow-up inspection Feb. 19. No violations reported.
• Stop in Shop, 1100 W. 16th Ave. Date of inspection Feb. 14. Wiping cloths were observed sitting on the counters in the kitchen. Wiping cloths shall be used as intended and in compliance with regulations pertaining to retail food establishment. Observation: Observed trash can without lid. All trash cans need lids. Only lids if they contain food residue and not in continuous use.
• Dollar Tree Store, 5923 Dollarway Road/500 Volvo Parkway. Date of inspection Feb. 7. Observed eggs stored directly on floor in walk in cooler. Food is to be stored at least 6 inches above the floor and in compliance with established regulations.
• Ge Ge’s Restaurant, 1614 Brentwood Drive. Date of opening inspection Feb. 26. Okay to operate — permit given.
• Taco Bell, 2712 Olive St. Date of inspection Feb. 7. Observed single service cups being stored stacked out of their original package near drive thru window. Single service cups should be kept in their original protective package or by other means to protect them from contamination until used. Shelf under drink machine is unclean and needs to be cleaned. Observed trash cans containing food residue being stored uncovered while not in continuous use. Trash cans containing food residue should be covered when not in continuous use. Some parts of floor, especially under equipment, are unclean and need to be cleaned.
• Wendy’s, 2910 Pines Mall Drive. Date of follow-up inspection Feb. 4. Trash can by meat well observed uncovered while not in continuous use. Trash cans containing food residue should be covered when not in continuous use. Standing water on floor observed by ice maker needs to be cleaned off of floor.