The Arkansas Department of Health regulates the sale of food at establishments which include restaurants, bars, daycares, schools, grocery stores, convenience stores, bed and breakfast facilities, hotels/motels, mobile units and concession stands. Inspections are made unannounced by environmental health specialists.
Electronic copies of retail food inspection reports are available on the Arkansas Food Inspection Portal. To access the portal, visit the food protection page on the Arkansas Department of Health website at www.healthy.arkansas.gov.
The following are the results of food safety inspections conducted by the Jefferson County Health Unit:
• Forrest Park/Greenville Pre-School, 2501 W. 10th Ave. Date of inspection March 13. Observed chlorine concentration of 0ppm during inspection in automatic dishwasher. Chlorine concentration should be between 50-100ppm. A bulb on a light fixture in the kitchen is not covered by a protective shield. Light bulbs should be covered by a protective shield.
• Forrest Park/Greenville Pre-School, 2501 W. 10th Ave. Date of follow-up inspection March 15. No violations reported.
• Juvenile Justice Center, 301 E. Second Ave. Date of follow-up inspection March 15. No violations reported.
• Sweet Charliemays Cafe, 2622 W. 28th Ave. Date of follow-up inspection March 15. Okay to operate-permit given.
• White Hall Community Center, 9801 Dollarway Road at White Hall. Date of inspection March 13. Observed parts of tea urn being dried on a wiping cloths. After cleaning and sanitizing, equipment and utensils shall be air dried and may not be cloth dried.
• Brooklyn’s Childcare Center, 1201 University Drive. Date of inspection March 12. Observed no paper towels at hand-washing sink. Provide a supply of individual disposable towels or a continuous towel system that supplies the user with a clean towel or a heated-air drying device at each hand-washing sink in food preparation, toilet and ware-washing areas.
• RB of Little Rock Inc. dba Town & Country, 5000 Middle Warren Road. Date of inspection March 12. Observed microwave dirty needs to be cleaned. Microwave shall be cleaned safety standard. Observation: Trash cans containing food shall have the lids on when not in continuous use. Observation: Wall in kitchen area needs to be cleaned. The establishment should be cleaned to sight.
• HR Food Mart, 201 Edline, Altheimer. Date of follow-up inspection March 18. All violations were corrected during time of follow-up inspection.
• Asian Grocery, 8504 Dollarway Road, White Hall. Date of inspection March 11. Soap not provided at hand washing sink in the restroom. Provide an adequate supply of hand cleanser (liquid, powder, or bar) at each hand washing sink. Paper towels not provided at hand washing sink in the restroom. Provide a supply of individual disposable towels or a continuous towel system that supplies the user with a clean towel or a heated air drying device at each hand washing sink in food preparation, toilet and ware washing areas. Observed a frozen raw goat head laying directly on packages of frozen fish. Food should be packaged properly and stored separately to avoid contamination. Goat head was discarded and packages of frozen fish were removed during inspection. Observed boxes of food being stored on the floor in the walk in cooler and walk in freezer. Boxes of food should be stored at least 6 inches off of the floor. Test strips not observed in establishment. Test strips must be available and used to test the strength of chemical sanitizing solutions. Restroom door is not self closing. Restroom door should have a self closure on it. Floors in walk in cooler are unclean and need to be cleaned.
• Dollar General Store, 8605 Dollarway Road, White Hall. Date of inspection March 11. Observed a small hole in the wall in the dry storage leading outside. All outer openings of a food establishment should be protected against the entry of insects and rodents. Observed two holes in the wall in dry storage near receiving door. Holes should be repaired. Ceiling in dry storage room is unclean and needs to be cleaned.
• El Parian Mexican Restaurant, 2504 W. 28th Ave. Date of follow-up inspection March 11. Observed container of raw chicken being stored directly on top of tamales and raw beef being stored directly on top of packaged chopped spinach in reach in freezer across from automatic dishwasher. Raw chicken and raw beef should be stored separate from tamales and chopped spinach. Raw chicken and raw beef were moved to the bottom of the freezer during inspection. Observed some food being stored throughout facility uncovered. All food should be covered while being stored to protect from contamination. Food was covered during inspection. Used wiping cloths observed sitting out on counter tops. Wiping cloths should be kept in a proper sanitizer solution between use. Observed single use containers being reused to store food in. Single use items must not be reused. Observed trash cans containing food residue being stored uncovered while not in continuous use. Trash cans containing food residue should stay covered while not in continuous use.