The Arkansas Department of Health regulates the sale of food at establishments which include restaurants, bars, daycares, schools, grocery stores, convenience stores, bed and breakfast facilities, hotels/motels, mobile units and concession stands. Inspections are made unannounced by environmental health specialists.
Electronic copies of retail food inspection reports are available on the Arkansas Food Inspection Portal. To access the portal, visit the food protection page on the Arkansas Department of Health website at www.healthy.arkansas.gov.
The following are the results of food safety inspections conducted by the Jefferson County Health Unit:
• Kentucky Fried Chicken, 3002 Pines Mall Drive. Date of inspection into complaint April 24. No violations reported.
• Lil D’s Restaurant, 412 E. Harding Ave. Date of opening inspection April 24. Establishment is okay to operate.
• Mobley’s Depot, 100 N.W. Railroad, Redfield. Date of inspection into complaint April 24. No violations observed during time of inspection.
• Shipley Donuts, 6000 Sheridan Road. Date of opening inspection April 24. This establishment is okay to operate.
• Fast Mart, 3700 Camden Road. Date of inspection March 14. Observed water stored directly on the floor. Food shall be stored at least six inches above the floor and in compliance with established regulation. Food must be stored in compliance with established regulations. Observation: No permit posted in this establishment. Permit shall be posted in the view of the public.
• Fast Mart, 3700 Camden Road. Date of follow-up inspection April 23. All violations corrected during time of inspection.
• Ocean’s Fish and Chicken, 3700 Camden Road. Date of inspection March 14. Cheesecake was held in cold-holding must be maintained at 41 degrees Fahrenheit or below at all times. One of the cold holding units had Cheesecake at 51 degree Fahrenheit. Inspetor will return for a followup inspection. Observation: Establishment does not have testing strips to measure the concentration of the sanitizing solution. Test strips must be available and used to test the strength of chemical sanitizing solutions.
• Ocean’s Fish and Chicken, 3700 Camden Road. Date of follow-up inspection March 27. Observation: Observed cooler still not holding correct temperature. Corrective Action: Time/Temperature Control for Safety Foods shall be kept cold at a temperature of 41.0°F or below, as measured by an internal probe thermometer, to limit bacterial growth.
• Ocean’s Fish and Chicken, 3700 Camden Road. Date of follow-up inspection April 23. No violations reported.
• Stop N Shop, 131512 U.S. 79 N, Altheimer. Date of inspection April 15. Observation: Observed insects near hand-washing sink. Corrective Action: Maintain the premises free of insects, rodents, and other pests. The presence of insects, rodents, and other pests shall be controlled to eliminate their presence on the PREMISES by (A) Routinely inspecting incoming shipments of FOOD and supplies; (B) Routinely inspecting the PREMISES for evidence of pests; (C) Using methods, if pests are found, such as trapping devices or other means of pest control and (D) Eliminating harborage conditions. Shelving in walk in cooler area needs to be cleaned. All surfaces should be cleaned to prevent accumulation of soils. Floors in establishment especially near the stove are unclean and need to be cleaned. Walls in establishment are unclean. Corrective Action: The PHYSICAL FACILITIES shall be maintained in good repair.
• Stop N Shop, 131512 U.S. 79 N, Altheimer. Date of follow-up inspection April 23. All violations corrected during time of inspection.
• 41 Bar & Grill, 218 S. Blake St. Date of inspection April 18. Observed a small hole in the wall in the back storage room and small openings under the back door. Hole in the wall and back door should be properly sealed to protect against the entry of insects and rodents. Observed ice scoop being stored uncovered on top of the ice machine. Ice scoop should be stored in a way to prevent it from being contaminated. Handle to turn hot water on and off at three compartment sink does not turn the hot water off. Handle should be repaired so that the water turns off. Observed standing water on the floor in kitchen and back storage room. Water should be cleaned from the floor. Restroom door in the kitchen area is not self closing. A toilet room located on the premises shall be completely enclosed and provided with a tight fitting and self closing door.