The Arkansas Department of Health regulates the sale of food at establishments which include restaurants, bars, daycares, schools, grocery stores, convenience stores, bed and breakfast facilities, hotels/motels, mobile units and concession stands. Inspections are made unannounced by environmental health specialists.
Electronic copies of retail food inspection reports are available on the Arkansas Food Inspection Portal. To access the portal, visit the food protection page on the Arkansas Department of Health website at www.healthy.arkansas.gov.
The following are the results of food safety inspections conducted by the Jefferson County Health Unit:
• Precious Memories Learning Academy, 5621 Dollarway Road. Date of opening inspection July 12. Establishment is okay to operate.
• Precious Memories Too, 6022 Sherdian Road. Date of inspection July 9. Light intensity is 0 lux. Light intensity shall be at least 540 lux at a surface where a food employee is working with food or working with utensils or equipment such as knives where employee safety is a factor.
• Chili’s 1221, 5511 Olive St. Date of follow-up inspection July 11. All violations were corrected during time of inspection.
• Pine Bluff Best Gas Station, 200 University Drive. Date of inspection into complaint July 11. No violations reported.
• Art’s Ice, 902 River Road, Redfield. Date of inspection July 9. Observation: Observed drinks in the food preparation without lid and straw. Discontinue consuming food, use of unapproved beverage containers. Drinks were discarded during time of inspection.
• Kentucky Fried Chicken, 3002 Pines Mall Drive. Date of inspection into complaint July 3. Counter top under drink station and outside of drink station is unclean and needs to be cleaned. Floors under tables in lobby area are unclean and need to be cleaned.
• Kentucky Fried Chicken, 2707 W. 28th Ave. Date of inspection into complaint July 3. Floors, walls, and ceiling in kitchen are unclean and need to be cleaned
• St. Peter Saturday Soup Kitchen, 207 E 16th Ave. Date of inspection July 3. Observed some single use containers being reused to store food in. Single use containers should not be reused. No test strips observed in establishment. Test strips must be available and used to test the strength of chemical sanitizing solutions.
• Hazel Street Food Mart, 2201 W. 17th Ave. Date of inspection into complaint July 15. Observed no bugs in facility.