For the new school year, students may need immunizations or a copy of their birth certificate, both of which the Arkansas Department of Health (ADH) can provide, according to a news release.


Immunizations are required to help protect Arkansas students from vaccine-preventable diseases. If a student has not yet received the proper immunization, they will be able to receive it at their local health unit. Parents shouled call the office to schedule an appointment or ask about the next vaccination clinic, according to a news release. (In Pine Bluff, the Jefferson County Health Department number is 870-535-2142.)

If a student needs an immunization record, the ADH can provide that as well. The shot record request form can be found online at A parent or guardian may also request their child’s record by emailing or calling 501-661-2169.

For more information regarding immunization for school children, go to: .

Birth Certificates

There are a variety of ways to obtain a birth certificate through the ADH. People may request a record in person at a local health unit or the Little Rock office for same-day pick up in most cases. People can also order a record through ADH’s website; mail a form available online or at the local health unit; or call 866-209-9482.

All local health units are able to provide birth and death certificates. People may also go to the Arkansas Department of Health’s vital records office at 4815 W. Markham St., Little Rock, AR 72205. Birth certificates may be ordered by the parents as listed on the certificate, maternal grandparents, legal guardian or the individual named on the birth certificate if he or she is 16 or older.

A valid photo identification card must be provided to obtain a birth certificate. This ID must contain a photo, current address, signature, and a unique number or barcode assigned to the person. This could include a driver’s license or ID card, a passport, a visa and more. The first copy costs $12 and each additional copy costs $10.

For more information about birth certificates, including a link to the birth certificate application, go to: