The Generator, an innovation hub powered by Go Forward Pine Bluff, has entered into a partnership with Google’s Grow with Google program.
According to a GFPB news release, this partnership will enable The Generator to bring free training, technology, and events to assist residents Pine Bluff and Southeast Arkansas in growing their skills, careers or businesses.
Job seekers and students will have the opportunity to receive training and earn an Informational Technology (IT) Support Professional Certificate. The curriculum applies to beginners and prepares them for entry-level job-positions within 12 months.
Upon completion, participants can share their resumes with top employers, allowing participation in a global job market while residing in Pine Bluff and Southeast Arkansas.
According to Mildred Franco, executive director of The Generator, “this partnership is invaluable.
“For example, military spouses need a career that can adapt to the transitions of the military. Grow with Google offers an array of free tools from improving remote job searches to sharpening overall digital skills. Grow with Google is also beneficial to current employees.
“The applied digital skills module provides teachers and others with digital basics for routine problem-solving. As an ITSE award-winning curriculum, these sessions are video-based and develop practical tech skills for presentations, online research, data spreadsheets and more.”
In addition to the above programs, developers will be able to stay on top of the latest technology by sharpening their current skills and mastering new ones, the news release said. Google Developers training is a set of online coding courses that allows developers to start learning to code or take their skills to the next level.
Ryan Watley, CEO of Go Forward Pine Bluff, added: “As we are finalizing plans for the renovation of our physical location on the corner of 5th and Main, Grow with Google will add to our network of partners to provide excellent service programs. Mildred has done an exceptional job at strengthening the offerings of The Generator. Her tenacity and passion for empowering entrepreneurs and developing small businesses are unparalleled. This partnership is the gateway to providing sustainable jobs in an ever-evolving economy. We are glad she is on Team Pine Bluff.”
Overall, the Grow with Google partnership will allow The Generator to host free, in-person workshops to help local businesses grow using digital marketing tools and resources.
Some of the tools and resources are:
1) Market Finder, to identify new markets for your business;
2) Google My Business, to get listed on Google and build a website in minutes;
3) Test My Site, to get personalized recommendations to make your website faster on mobile devices;
4) G-Suite, a suite of work applications to work more quickly, smarter, and collaborate with your team;
5) Google Analytics, a free tool that businesses can use to gain insight into their data and take action on those insights-driven results;
6) Primer, an app with quick, interactive lessons from writing a business plan to marketing online, and more; and
7) Academy for Ads, build your expertise in online advertising through online courses that help you use Google ad tools to achieve your business goals.
Online courses are also available to learn at your pace on your own time. Whether you’re a beginner or seasoned small business, the workshops, Livestream events, and online classes are designed to help grow digital skills. For more information about this program, please contact Mildred Franco at firstname.lastname@example.org.