It’s time for the fall 2019 session of Shepherd’s Center of Pine Bluff, according to a news release.
Classes are held from 9:30-11:30 a.m. Wednesdays, Sept. 11, through Oct. 30, at Lakeside United Methodist Church, 15th Avenue and Olive Street. The one time fee for registration is $10, according to a news release.
“It is that time of year again. Time to add a new interest/hobby to your life? Meet new friends and enjoy fellowship with old friends. A great way to spend a morning while learning something new, or enhancing your talents and skills,” a spokeswoman said.
Shepherd’s Centers of America programs and services offer opportunities for older adults to take on new challenges, learn new skills, make new friends and serve others, according to https://www.shepherdcenters.org/.
Shepherd’s Center of Pine Bluff classes and instructors include:
• Beginning Genealogy – Kenneth Gray, instructor.
• Line Dancing – Mona Rhoden, instructor - One of the most popular classes.
• Art Workshop – Want to learn to paint? Here is a chance to take instruction from some of the best, a spokeswoman said. Women from the Pine Bluff Art Guild instruct in watercolor, acrylic and other mediums.
• Knitting - Barbara Fry, instructor.
• Crochet – Barbara Lambert, instructor.
• Canasta – Join Nancy Paschal to learn and play this relaxing card game, a spokeswoman said.
• Photography – A favorite class is taught by Mike Adam. “Learn the techniques for portrait, landscape and digital photography plus more,” a spokeswoman said.
• Bible Class — The Rev. Steve Wingo. A study of the Book of Ruth. This is a one-hour class from 9:30-10:30 a.m.
• Bird Watching – Delos McCauley, instructor. “Enjoy nature and learn with experts from the Audubon Society,” a spokeswoman said.
• Play Mahjong – Alpha Hopkins, instructor.
• Beginning Rigid Heddle Weaving — Kenneth Hickman, instructor. Learn to dress a loom and make a scarf; warp and wept manipulation using pick-up sticks. The class is limited to four students.
• Beginning Conversational Spanish – Alicia Frye, instructor – This is a one-hour class from 9:30-10:30 a.m.
• “This and That” Classes — Different classes are offered each Wednesday. Some classes may require a small fee for supplies. Cooking demos and craft classes of all sorts are done along with some instructors from Extension Homemakers Clubs and others.
• Computer Course – Phil McBee - Computer Classes are taught at Arkansas River Education Service Cooperative, Sixth Avenue and Poplar Street. (This class will meet from 9:30-11:30 Thursdays instead of Wednesdays, Sept. 12 – Oct. 3.)
Details: Bettye Johnson, email@example.com or 870-535-8037.