• MT. ZION MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH at Altheimer will present a benefit musical for Gloria Cole-Reed, who recently lost everything in a house fire, a spokesman said. The service will be held at 7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 14, and the sponsor is the Southeast Arkansas Community Mass Choir.
• UNION BAPTIST CHURCH, 609 E. 24th Ave., will host a birthday celebration for local musician Brian Cody Wilson at 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 14. Guest singers include the Beard Singers, Shaee & Frenz, Spiritualettes, Williams Singers and Spiritually Driven. Admission is free.
• SOUTHSIDE SINGING CENTER, 5420 W. 15th Ave., will host a Christmas Quartet musical at 7 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 15.
• NEW MORNING STAR MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH, 1026 Missouri St., will host the 20th anniversary concert of the Southeast Arkansas Male Chorus. The service will be held at 6:30 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 15.
• NEW BETHLEHEM MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH, 500 Bois D’ Arc, will host its red and white musical extravaganza at 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 15. Guests will include Ray Shaver, Cynthia and Pure Purple, New Kingdom Ministries, Community Church and St. Paul Church at Tucker.
• SUMMIT BAPTIST CHURCH, 901 Ridgway Road, will present the Summit Soundz Celebration Band in a Christmas concert of secular and sacred music at 6:30 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 15. This 40 piece wind band is composed of students from White Hall and Watson Chapel high schools along with their band directors: Kameron Willis, Al Wimberly and Garry Henson. The concert is free and open to the public.
• FIRST MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH, 4500 Faucett Road, will ordain Willie Draggs and Ben Whitfield as deacons during worship service at 11 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 15. The speaker will be the pastor, the Rev. Charles Boyd.
• CHERRY STREET AME ZION CHURCH, 800 Cherry St., will host its City Wide mission at 1 p.m. Monday, Dec. 16. A mission spokeswoman asks everyone to bring paper towels to be donated to CASA Women’s Shelter.
• NEW COVENANT CHURCH GLOBAL, 4901 W. Short Third Ave., will present Glenda F. Treadwell, an apostle of Damaged But Not Destroyed Ministry. Service will be held at 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 15.
• HOUSE OF BREAD DELIVERANCE CHURCH, 500 S. Main St., will open its food pantry Monday, Dec. 16, from 3-4:30 p.m. or until the 150 food boxes are handed out, according to a news release. Only one food box per household will be given away on a first come, first served basis. Everyone must bring proof of address (utility bills and drivers’ licenses.) Details: Saint Mary Harris 870-872-2196.
• NEW COMMUNITY CHURCH, 321 N. Birch St., will give away clothes and food Saturday, Dec. 21. Clothes will be given away from 8-10 a.m. and food will be handed out from 10 a.m. to noon. Participants should bring their own bags to carry the items, according to a spokeswoman.
• MT. ZION MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH at Altheimer, will open its food pantry on Saturday, Dec. 14, from 9 a.m. to noon, or until all food has been distributed. A picture ID is required.
• ST. JOHN AME CHURCH, 1117 W. Pullen Ave., will provide free meals. Lunch on Saturdays will be served from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Breakfast on Sundays begin at 9 a.m.
• BETHLEHEM WORSHIP CENTER CHURCH OF GOD IN CHRIST at Dumas will host its “Christmas Program”at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 22. Festivities will include praise dancing (Angels of Praise), youth presentations (Sunshine Band and Purity), and a production courtesy of the drama ministry. The speaker will be the pastor, Timothy Jones.
• WHEELER CHAPEL MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH, 3519 Wheeler Chapel Road, 3519 Wheeler Chapel Road, will open its food pantry from 7-8 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 21. Details: Wheeler Chapel: 870-540-0477.
• THE DELTA NETWORK FOOD BANK and the HOSANNA CHRISTIAN CHURCH will host their annual Helping Hands event from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 21, at the Pine Bluff Convention Center – Concourse “D.” Food, toys and household items will be given away. For those who want to donate items, donations can be dropped off at the convention center Dec. 20 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Details: Louis or Jacqueline Ross, 870-536-2424 or 501-804-6253.
• HAPPY HOME MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH at Jefferson will host its fifth Sunday mission program at 11 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 29. The guest speaker will be Gwendolyn Rogers, first lady and a missionary from Ezekiel Baptist Church at Pine Bluff.
• HAPPY HOME MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH at Jefferson will host its joint watch meeting with Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church at Jefferson. Service will be held at Happy Home at 10 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 31.
• MT. BAYOU MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH at Altheimer will host its annual men’s day at 3 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 19. The guest preacher will be the Rev. Glenn Barnes, pastor of Pine Hill Missionary Baptist Church. The Southeast Arkansas Male Chorus will sing.
• PRAIRIE LAKE MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH, 2611 Indiana St., will host the Youth Winter Explosion at 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 14. The event will include praise singing and praise dancing. Youth choirs and dance teams are invited to participate.
• NEW MORNING STAR MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH at Altheimer will observe its annual youth and young adult day at 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 15. The guest speaker will be the Rev. Royce Jackson Jr., pastor of New Jerusalem Baptist Church at Dumas, along with his congregation. Guests will also include Keenon Coleman and Friends. Youth day choir rehearsal will be at 5 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 14.