WATCH NIGHT/NEW YEAR’S EVENTS
• HAPPY HOME MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH and Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church, both at Jefferson, will host joint a watch meeting. Service will be held at Happy Home at 10 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 31.
• NEW HOME MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH, 3000 Orange St., will host a watch night tri-church fellowship at 10 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 31, and the speaker will be New Home’s pastor, the Rev. Aaron Barnes. The fellowship will also include members of New St. James Baptist Church and New Faith Baptist Church.
• GRACE TEMPLE MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH, 909 S. Wisconsin St., will host joint watch meeting services at 10 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 31. The speakers will be the Rev. C.L Williams, pastor of Smith Chapel Missionary Baptist Church, accompanied by his congregation, and the Rev. James Murry, pastor of Gospel Temple Missionary Baptist Church, accompanied by his members. Other guests will include members of Mt. Olive Missionary Baptist Church and Grace & Mercy Missionary Baptist Church.
• MT. MORIAH MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH at Dumas will conduct a New Year’s Eve united watch service at 10 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 31. The guest speaker will be the Rev. Roderick Sowers, pastor of St. Harmony Baptist Church, accompanied by his congregation. The worship service will also include members of Free Gift Baptist Church.
• GRACE EVANGELICAL MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH, 4210 Ohio St., will host watch night service at 10 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 31. The Rev. Travis Harden, pastor of Greater Mt. Calvary Missionary Baptist Church will give the lecture and the Rev. Richard Hart, pastor of St. Andrew Missionary Baptist Church, will be the speaker.
• HOLY DELIVERANCE CHURCH ABUNDANT LIFE MINISTRIES, 3109 S. Main St., is hosting a watch service at 10 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 31. The pastor, Louise J. Lyas, will bring the message.
• OLD MORNING STAR MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH, 3116 Port Road, will hold watch meeting services at 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 31. The Rev. Ronald Laurent will be the guest speaker.
• NEW COMMUNITY CHURCH, 321 N. Birch St., will host watch meeting service at 11 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 31.
• NEW BEGINNINGS CHURCH, 8826 Old Warren Road, will hold its New Year’s singing Tuesday, Dec. 31, from 8 p.m. to midnight. Groups singing include Southern Grace of El Dorado, Joyful Spirit of Junction City and Wesley Kitchens, a soloist of Glenwood. Free refreshments will be served.
• FIRST MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH, 4500 Faucett Road, will present the Songs of Praise 72 Concert of the Pine Bluff Women’s Community Choir. The concert will be held at 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 29. The directors are Nora Fisher, Bonnie Jackson and Gloria J. Pickett.
• GREATER BATTLE CHAPEL MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH at Altheimer will host the Southeast Arkansas Community Mass Choir in a benefit program for Earmer Hudson and John Logan. Service will be held at 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 29.
• WORD OF FAITH FULL GOSPEL BAPTIST CHURCH, 1108 S. Poplar St., will host its family and friends day at 10:45 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 29. The sermon will be by the pastor, Henry Land Jr.
• HAPPY HOME MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH at Jefferson will host its fifth Sunday mission program at 11 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 29. The guest speaker will be Gwendolyn Rogers, first lady and a missionary from Ezekiel Baptist Church at Pine Bluff.
• ST. LUKE AME CHURCH, 9908 Princeton Pike, will observe its annual Women’s Missionary Society (WMS) Celebration at 11 am. Sunday, Dec. 29. The guest speaker will be Marilyn Reynolds Lee, a member of Indiana Street Baptist Church.
• BETHLEHEM WORSHIP CENTER CHURCH OF GOD IN CHRIST at Dumas will conduct services beginning at 7 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 29, with the guest speaker, Superintendent Robert Davis of Holy Deliverance Church of God in Christ at Warren. At 7 p.m. Monday, Dec. 30, revival services will feature speaker Alvin Jordan, pastor of Eastside Deliverance Church of God in Christ at Dumas. At 10 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 31, camp meeting services will feature Bethlehem’s pastor, Timothy Jones, as the speaker.
• PILGRIM MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH, 2507 Hill St., will open its Raven’s Nest Food Pantry Saturday, Dec. 28, from 8-9:30 a.m. or until all the food has been given away. Food will be given away on a first come, first-served basis. Participants must bring a picture identification, according to a news release.
• NEW HOPE BAPTIST CHURCH at Altheimer will conduct a re-investiture service of the Rev. Richard P. Bifford Sr. at 3 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 5. The guest speaker will be the Rev. Lafayette Woods Sr., pastor of Mt. Bayou Missionary Baptist Church at Altheimer.
• MT. BAYOU MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH at Altheimer is planning its annual men’s day for 3 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 19. The guest speaker will be the Rev. Glenn Barnes, pastor of Pine Hill Missionary Baptist Church. Guests will also include Ivan Whitfield, a deacon at Pine Hill.