The Arkansas Department of Health regulates the sale of food at establishments which include restaurants, bars, daycares, schools, grocery stores, convenience stores, bed and breakfast facilities, hotels/motels, mobile units and concession stands. Inspections are made unannounced by environmental health specialists.
Electronic copies of retail food inspection reports are available on the Arkansas Food Inspection Portal. To access the portal, visit the food protection page on the Arkansas Department of Health website at www.healthy.arkansas.gov.
The following are the results of food safety inspections conducted by the Jefferson County Health Unit:
• BURGER KING, 5515 Olive St. Date of inspection Dec. 20. Observation: Drinks area is unclean and needs to be cleaned. Nonfood contact surfaces shall be cleaned at a frequency necessary to preclude accumulation of drinks residues. Observation: Observed missing are broken floor tiles in the food prep area. Corrective Action: The PHYSICAL FACILITIES shall be maintained in good repair.
• CHILI’S, 5511 Olive St., Attn:Michele Bibb. Date of inspection. Dec. 20. Observed boxes of food stored on the floor in walk-in freezer. Food Shall be at least six inches above the floor in compliance with established regulations. Clean plates under food prep area were not inverted. Clean equipment and utensils shall be stored covered or inverted in as self-draining position that allows for air drying. Observation: Observed food residue on counters. Nonfood contact shall be cleaned at a frequency necessary to preclude accumulation of food residues. Observation: Walls are soiled in kitchen area. Nonfood contact surfaces shall be cleaned at a frequency necessary to preclude accumulation of soil residues. Observation: Establishment needs a general cleaning. Corrective Action: Observed missing and broken floor tile in the walk-in cooler area. The PHYSICAL FACILITIES shall be maintained in good repair.
• FOOD SMART, 3101 W. 28th Ave. Date of inspection. Dec. 20. Facility lacks working refrigerator thermometer in meat island cooler. Food temperature measuring device shall be provided and readily accessible for use in ensuring attainment and maintenance of food temperature. Observed a leak in the pipe of the hand washing sink in the meat department. Pipe should be repaired so that it is free from leaks. Fans on ceiling in meat department are unclean and need to be cleaned. Observed uncovered trash cans in meat department containing food residue that are not in continuous use. Trash cans containing food residue should be covered when not in continuous use. Observed damaged ceiling tiles by freezers and in dry storage area. The physical facilities shall be maintained in good repair.
• HARDEE’S, 2828 W. 28th Ave. Date of inspection into complaint Dec. 19. No hot water observed throughout establishment. Hot water should be available throughout establishment. Walls behind fryers are unclean and need to be cleaned. Floors under fryers and drink station are unclean and need to be cleaned.
• HARDEE’S, 2828 W. 28th Ave. Date of follow-up inspection Dec. 20. Walls behind fryers are unclean and need to be cleaned. Floors under fryers are unclean and need to be cleaned.