• CANAAN CHRISTIAN CENTER, 7890 Middle Warren Road, will host a Black History celebration service at 10 a.m. Sunday, Feb. 23. The guest speaker will be Betty J. Williams, author of the best seller, “The Pioneers: Early African American Leaders in Pine Bluff, 1833-1892.”
• BARRAQUE STREET MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH, 1800 W. Pullen St., will celebrate Black History Month at 11 a.m. Sunday, Feb. 23. Presentations will be made by Charles Graham, a renowned minister and gospel singer, and by Brandon Smith, a public information specialist at the Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration.
• ST. BETHEL MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH, 4508 S. Main St., will observe Black History Month at 3 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 23. Participants will render music, prose and poetry. Guests include Duane Jackson, a Pine Bluff School District; LeBryant Crew, a past contestant on The Voice; and MonTavion Haywood, a Pine Bluff High School student.
• MORRIS CHAPEL MISSIONARY BAPTIST at Sherrill will host a Black History Month observance at 11 a.m. Sunday, Feb. 23. A presentation will be made by the youth department and Jackie Dickerson, youth director.
• MT. ZION MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH at Altheimer will be celebrate its Black History program at 11 a.m. Sunday, Feb. 23. The Rev. Jarrett Miles of Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church at Grady will be the guest speaker. A Soul Food dinner will be served and African Attire is encouraged.
• TRAVELERS REST MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH at Grady will present a Black History program at 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 23. The guest speaker will be Kandice Bell, a local lawyer. The sponsor is the church’s youth department.
• FIRST MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH, 4500 Faucett Road, will host its Black History program at 11 a.m. Sunday, Feb. 23.
• NEW UNITED MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH, 5601 Cheatham St., will hold its Black History program and exhibit at 11 a.m. Sunday, Feb. 23.
• ST. ANDREW MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH, 5810 W. Malcomb St., will present its Black History and Soul Food programs at 3 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 23. The guest speaker will be Nicole Bates, an advanced practice nurse and director of education at the UAMS Center on Aging. She will discuss Heart Health: Managing Your Cholesterol.
• FAMILY TIME BAPTIST CHURCH & MINISTRIES, 501 Ohio St., will present its Black History Program at 9 a.m. Sunday, Feb. 23. The guest speaker will be Keenon Coleman.
• EVENING STAR MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH at McGehee will celebrate the 14th appreciation program of the pastor and wife, the Rev. William and Myra Jarmon, at 3 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 23. The guest preacher will be the Rev. Johnny Handley, pastor of Seven Star Missionary Baptist Church.
• ST. LUKE AME CHURCH, 9908 Princeton Pike, will celebrate its 136th anniversary at 3 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 23. The guest speaker will be the Rev. Thomas Gipson, pastor of New Bethel AME Church at Stuttgart.
• ST. LUKE MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH at Sherrill will host the Pastoria Singing Union’s worship service at 1:30 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 23.
• GRACE & MERCY MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH, 5103 W. Malcomb St., will host a Black History concert at 7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 22. The guest speaker will be Mayor Shirley Washington and the director of music is the pastor, Joshua Pickett.
• MT. OLIVE AME CHURCH at Tarry will celebrate youth day service at 3 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 23. The speaker is Laquilla Jones, daughter of the pastor, the Rev. Welton Boyce. Jones is the wife of the Rev. Douglas A. Jones, pastor of Garrett Chapel Missionary Baptist Church at Hope. In the 12th Episcopal District of the African Methodist Episcopal Church, she served as secretary, parliamentarian, vice president and president of the young people’s and children’s division.
• CHERRY STREET MEMORIAL AME ZION CHURCH, 800 S. Cherry St., will host men’s day at 3 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 23. The guest speaker will be the Rev. Kirby Gulley, pastor of Eighth Avenue Missionary Baptist Church.
• NEW COMMUNITY CHURCH, 321 N. Birch St., will host its “Strengthen Your Walk of Faith With Christ” program at 5 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 23. The speaker will be Elder Nathaniel Hughes of New Community. Hayley and the NCC Youth Choir will sing.
• MULBERRY GROVE MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH at Altheimer will hold its ushers’ ministry workshop from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 22. The instructor will be Herman Mitchell of Rose Hill Missionary Baptist Church.
• THE CITY OF LOVE OUTREACH & RESTORATION CHURCH, 1801 W. 17th Ave., will have a deacon’s ordination service for Richard Smith at 3 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 23. The guest speaker will be Alvin Robertson of Kingdom of God Ministries.
• GREATER DELIVERANCE GLOBAL MINISTRY, 2215 E. Harding Ave., will host a “Deliverance Ministry” at 3 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 23. Bishop Jerry Bradden of Bread of Heaven Ministry at Morrilton will be the guest speaker.
• FIRST MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH, 4500 Faucett Road, will hold a leadership conference at 10 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 22. The guest facilitator will be the Rev. Cedric Hawkins from First Baptist Church at Stuttgart.
• FAITH PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, 913 University Drive, will host the No Child Left Behind services of Alfred Carroll Ministries. Thursday and Friday, Feb. 27-28, at 7 p.m., speakers will be the Rev. Sidney Milton, pastor-elect at Barraque Street Missionary Baptist Church, and the Rev. Chandler Cooper of Tyler, Texas. Saturday, Feb. 29, at 2 p.m., the Pines mall Café Court will be the site for the Proficient n’ Saved, Youth Rally. Sunday, March 1, at 3 p.m., at Faith Presbyterian, the Young Preachers’ Bowl will feature Spencer Braddix, Eric Walden, Stefan Liddell, Craig Woolfolk and Devin Powell. Details: 870-692-9039.