The Arkansas Department of Health regulates the sale of food at establishments which include restaurants, bars, daycares, schools, grocery stores, convenience stores, bed and breakfast facilities, hotels/motels, mobile units and concession stands. Inspections are made unannounced by environmental health specialists.
Electronic copies of retail food inspection reports are available on the Arkansas Food Inspection Portal. To access the portal, visit the food protection page on the Arkansas Department of Health website at www.healthy.arkansas.gov.
The following are the results of food safety inspections conducted by the Jefferson County Health Unit:
• ALTHEIMER FOOD MART, 13512 N. Highway, Altheimer. Date of follow-up inspection Feb. 21. All critical violations #20 & #48 corrected during time of inspection.
• DOLLAR GENERAL STORE, 1675 W. Front St., Altheimer. Date of opening inspection Feb. 21. No violations observed during time of inspection. Okay to operate.
• NICHE’S mobile, 612 S. Nebraska St. Date of inspection Nov. 13. Observation: Observed no hot water in mobile unit. Hot water generation and distribution systems shall be sufficient to meet the peak hot water demands throughout the retail food establishment.
• NICHE’S, 612 S. Nebraska St. Date of follow-up inspection Feb. 21. Critical violation #48 was corrected during time of inspection.
• J & B GAS and GRILL LLC, 4200 S. Highway 365, Jefferson. Date of opening inspection Feb. 19. Okay to operate — permit given.
• C&S Food, 2503 Forest Knoll Drive. Date of opening inspection Feb. 7. No violation observed during time of inspection.