Shepherd’s Center of Pine Bluff will offer its spring 2020 classes Wednesdays, March 4-April 22, from 9:30-11:30 a.m. at Lakeside United Methodist Church, 15th Avenue and Olive Street. The one time registration fee is $10, according to a news release.
The local center is part of Shepherd’s Centers of America.
“Shepherd’s Centers of America is a network of faith and community-based organizations that provide meaning and purpose for older adults,” according to its website.
The Pine Bluff center encourages people to attend the classes to add a new interest/hobby to their lives, meet new friends and enjoy fellowship with old friends. It’s a great way to spend a morning while learning something new or enhancing one’s talents and skills, according to a spokeswoman.
Classes will include:
• Computer Course — Most classes meet Wednesdays at Lakeside church, however, the Computer Course meets Thursdays at the Arkansas River Education Service Cooperative, 912 W. Sixth Ave. Phil McBee is the instructor. This is a four-week class beginning April 1.
Wednesday classes at Lakeside include:
• Beginning Genealogy – Kenneth Gray, instructor;
• Line Dancing – Mona Rhoden, instructor — One of the most popular classes;
• Art Workshop – Want to learn to paint? Women from the local Art Guild instruct
in watercolor, acrylic and other mediums.
• Knitting - Barbara Fry, instructor;
• Crochet – Cheryl Skagfjord;
• Canasta –Nancy Paschal, instructor — Learn and play this card game.
• Photography –Mike Adam, instructor. Learn the techniques for portrait,
landscape, and digital photography plus more.
• Bible Class - The Rev. Steve Wingo, instructor. A study of the Book of Jonah. This is a one-hour class from 9:30-10:30 a.m.
• Bird Watching – Delos McCauley, instructor. Enjoy nature and learn with
experts from the Audubon Society;
• Play Mahjong – Alpha Hopkins, instructor;
• Conversational Spanish – Alicia Frye, instructor;
• “This and That” Classes — These are different classes offered each Wednesday. Some classes may require a small fee for supplies. These will include cooking demonstrations and craft classes of all sorts along with some instructors from Extension Homemakers Clubs and others.
Details: Bettye Johnson, email@example.com .