Editor’s note: The following services were still scheduled by press time.
• ST. JOHN AME CHURCH at Pine Bluff invites the community to join them in a conference call prayer for deliverance from the coronavirus crisis. The conference call will be held at 6:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, March 27 and 28, according to the pastor, Cecil L. Williams Jr. On Friday, prayers will be made for medical professionals and the infected; and Saturday, prayers will be for the religious leaders and places of worship. Participants should call in no later than 6:25 p.m. and mute their phones. Do not call in at or after 6:30 p.m. as this will interrupt the prayers. To participate, call 1-720-650-3030 and use access code 144-0205.
• FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH PINE BLUFF, 6501 S. Hazel St., invites the community to Prayer in the Parking Lot, drive through prayers from 10 a.m. to noon Sunday, March 29. The appropriate medical precautions will be observed, according to a news release. Participants won’t need to leave their vehicles. The pastor and other ministers of the church will be available to pray with and for all who drive into the parking lot. “Prayer is so very important, especially in these days of the coronavirus pandemic, and all that is involved with this crisis,” the pastor, Ken Thornton, said. “As God’s people, we pray for God’s mercy and protection, and for His healing upon all affected by this disease and its disastrous consequences upon our community and country.” Details: 870-534-4741.
• HAPPY HOME MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH at Jefferson will host its fifth Sunday Mission Sunday at 11 a.m. March 29. The guest speaker will be Jennifer Harris, an evangelist with the Body of Christ at Little Rock.
• REYNOLDS CHAPEL MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH, 706 S. Cypress St., will host a fellowship service with Christian Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church and Union Hopewell Missionary Baptist Church at 3 p.m. Sunday, March 29, at Reynolds Chapel. The guest presenter will be the Rev. Antonio Gayden Sr., pastor of Union Hopewell. Music will be provided by the Tri Church Fellow Choir.
• WORD OF FAITH FULL GOSPEL BAPTIST CHURCH, 1108 S. Poplar St, will host its family and friends day Sunday, March 29. Sunday School begins at 9:45 a.m. and worship service starts at 10:45 a.m. The message will be by the pastor, Henry Land Jr.
• NEW COMMUNITY CHURCH, 321 N. Birch St., will accept contributions for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital at the 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. services Sunday, March 29. The fundraiser is part of New Community’s Vision for 2020 to support outside organizations. All contributions will benefit the hospital. Contributions may also be mailed to New Community Church, 321 N. Birch St., Pine Bluff, AR, 71601, care of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
• REMNANT OTUREACH MINISTRY is hosting “Healing Childhood Wounds” from 2-5 p.m. Saturday, March 28, at 3906 W. Fourth Ave. The keynote speaker will be Debbie Jenkins pastor of Solid Rock Nondenominational Church. Guests will also include DeAndre M. Robinson of Remnant Ministries, Nicole White of Nicole White Ministries, and Alvern Bateman, an evangelist of Supernatural Outreach Ministry Empowerment. The sponsor is Susan Gray, apostle of Remnant Outreach.
Editor’s note: The following ministries announced cancellations.
• MT. MORIAH MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH at Gould will postpone the second anniversary celebration of the pastor and wife, Phillip and Jurmicka Puckett, until a later date in June. The service had been planned for April 5, according to a news release.
• PLEASANT GROVE MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH, 1801 S. Indiana St., cancelled in-person church services for Sunday, March 29. However, services will be live streamed at 10:45 a.m. The pastor, the Rev. Dennis W. Wilson, will be preaching. Details: https://pleasantgrovepb.com/
• LEMONWOOD BAPTIST CHURCH at White Hall has postponed its revival featuring Neal and Linda Clark. The event had been planned for March 27-29, according to the pastor, Ronnie Johnson.
• THE GREATER ST. MARION DISTRICT BAPTIST ASSOCIATION cancelled its annual ushers’ program that was scheduled for Sunday, March 29, at New Morning Star Missionary Baptist Church.