A Desha County town is among six Arkansas communities to receive water and wastewater project funding, according to a news release from the Arkansas Department of Agriculture.
On May 20, the agriculture department’s Natural Resources Commission approved $12,802,763 for water and wastewater projects serving 71,593 customers.
• The City of Mitchellville in Desha County received a $97,830 loan and $293,490 in principal forgiveness from the Arkansas Drinking Water State Revolving Loan Fund to rehabilitate the water storage tank and replace existing city water meters with radio-read smart water meters. These smart meters save the city money by using radio signals to read customer’s meters. This project will serve 180 customers.
• The City of Austin in Lonoke County received a $3,078,031 loan from the Arkansas Clean Water State Revolving Loan Fund for wastewater treatment plant improvements. The number of customers served by this project will be 1,285.
• The Little Rock Water Reclamation Authority in Pulaski County received a $7,500,000 loan from the Arkansas Clean Water State Revolving Loan Fund to repair damaged infrastructure. This project will serve 69,410 customers.
• The City of Ravenden Springs in Randolph County received a $7,298 grant from the Water Development Fund for the purchase of software and a handheld meter-reading device. This project will serve 63 customers.
• The City of Taylor in Lafayette County received a $1,633,114 loan from the Arkansas Clean Water State Revolving Loan Fund to replace the existing wastewater collection system. The customer base for this project is 255.
• The City of Tyronza in Poinsett County received a $193,000 loan from the Arkansas Drinking Water State Revolving Loan Fund to repair and paint a water tank. The project will serve 400 customers.
For details on the Natural Resource Division’s water and wastewater programs visit https://www.anrc.arkansas.gov/divisions/water-resources-development/ or contact Debby Dickson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 501-682-0548.
For details on the Arkansas Department of Agriculture, visit https://www.aad.arkansas.gov/