The Arkansas Department of Health regulates the sale of food at establishments which include restaurants, bars, daycares, schools, grocery stores, convenience stores, bed and breakfast facilities, hotels/motels, mobile units and concession stands. Inspections are made unannounced by environmental health specialists.
Electronic copies of retail food inspection reports are available on the Arkansas Food Inspection Portal. To access the portal, visit the food protection page on the Arkansas Department of Health website at www.healthy.arkansas.gov.
The following are the results of food safety inspections conducted by the Jefferson County Health Unit:
• AMERSON’S GRUB AND STUFF, 3861 Highway 365 S, Redfield. Date of opening inspection June 2. Okay to operate-permit given.
• GO DUCKIN LLC, 10501 U.S. 63. Date of follow-up inspection May 29. No violations reported.
• CITY OF WABBASEKA, 100 S. Paw Paw Road, Wabbaseka. Date of inspection May 28. Observation: No test strips are available in establishment. Test strips must be available and used to test strength of chemical sanitizing solutions . Corrective Action: Test strips must be available and used to test the strength of chemical sanitizing solutions.
• PIZZA HUT, 2711 S. Hazel St., Suite B, 720 W. 20th Ave. Date of inspection May 27. Beef (52 degrees F), diced tomatoes (51 degrees F), and sliced bell peppers (50 degrees F) in make table are out of safe temperature range. Time/Temperature Control for Safety (TCS) Foods shall be kept cold at a temperature of 41.0°F or below, as measured by an internal probe thermometer, to limit bacterial growth. Observed trash cans containing food residue being stored uncovered in kitchen when not in continuous use. Trash cans containing food residue should be covered when not in continuous use. Floors in establishment, especially under equipment and shelves and in walk in cooler and freezer, are unclean and need to be cleaned.
• MATTHEWS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, 4501 Dollarway Road. Date of inspection May 26. Observation: observed dirty air vents. Air vents need to be cleaned. Corrective Action: Clean the physical facilities as often as necessary to keep them clean.
• RIM FOOD MART, 601 N. Hutchinson St. Date of inspection June 3. Observed wiping cloths stored on the counters. Wiping cloths shall be used as intended and in compliance with Regulations pertaining to Retail Food establishment. Observation: Observed trash cans with lids. Trash cans containing food residue and are not in continuous use.
• SHELL FOOD MART, 6708 Sulphur Springs Road. Date of inspection June 2. Observed chicken breading stored directly on the floor. Food must be stored at least six inches above the floor. To be compliance with established regulations.
• THE FAMILY DINER, 116 S. Highway 365, Redfield. Date of inspection June 2. Food not in the original packages are labeled. Food not in the original packages in establishment must be identified with the common name of the food. Observed a box of single items in storage area stored on the floor. Items must be stored to prevent contamination.
• FOOD TROLLEY LLC, mobile, 4721 Providence Road. Date of inspection April 20. Counter tops and inside of refrigerator are unclean and need to be cleaned.
• LAKEVIEW FAST MART FOOD & FUEL, 100 N. Walnut St. Date of follow-up inspection April 17. Ice bagged in store is not properly labeled. Bagged ice should be labeled with identifying store information. No test strips observed in establishment. Test strips must be available and used to test the strength of chemical sanitizing solutions. Observed three compartment sink being used for storage. Three compartment sink should be cleaned out and used to properly wash, rinse, and sanitize dishes. Observed damaged ceiling tiles in dry storage room. Damaged ceiling tiles need to be replaced. Floors, especially in dry storage room, are unclean and need to be cleaned.
• COLTON’S STEAK HOUSE & GRILL, 8529 Sheridan Road, White Hall. Date of opening inspection April 16. No test strips observed in establishment. Test strips must be available and used to test the strength of chemical sanitizing solutions. Okay to operate — permit given.
• UNITED FILING STATION, 5320 Dollarway Road. Date of inspection April 22. Paper towels needed at hand washing sink in restroom. Provide a supply of individual disposable towels or a continuous towel system that supplies the user with a clean towel or a heated-air drying device at each handwashing sink in food preparation, toilet and ware-washing areas. Observed ice scoop being stored uncovered on top of ice machine. In use utensils should be stored in a manner to protect them from contamination. Observed a single use container being reused to store food in. Single use containers should not be reused. Single service cups and lids observed stored out of original package at self service drink station. Single service items should be stored in their original, protective packaging or by other means that protects them from contamination until used. Three compartment sink not noted in establishment. Three compartment sink needed to manually wash dishes. Cabinets under drink machine are unclean and need to be cleaned. Restroom door is not self-closing. Restroom door should be self-closing. Some ceiling tiles throughout the store are damaged and need to be repaired.