The Arkansas Department of Health regulates the sale of food at establishments which include restaurants, bars, daycares, schools, grocery stores, convenience stores, bed and breakfast facilities, hotels/motels, mobile units and concession stands. Inspections are made unannounced by environmental health specialists.
Electronic copies of retail food inspection reports are available on the Arkansas Food Inspection Portal. To access the portal, visit the food protection page on the Arkansas Department of Health website at www.healthy.arkansas.gov.
The following are the results of food safety inspections conducted by the Jefferson County Health Unit:
• CARPENTER’S PRODUCE FISH MARKET, 1320 E. Harding Ave. Date of inspection into complaint July 8. No violations observed during time of inspection.
• SMOKIN HAWG BBQ LLC,: 8405 Camden Cutoff Road. Date of inspection July 7. No violations observed during time of inspection. Okay to operate.
• CAM PIZZA, LLC - (DBA DOMINO’S), 23OO S. Olive St. Date of inspection into complaint July 24. No violations observed during time of inspection.
• COMMUNITY EMPOWERMENT COUNCIL, INC., 2501 S. Cherry St. Date of inspection July 23. Observation: Facility lacks test strips. Corrective Action: Test strips must be available and used to test the strength of chemical sanitizing solutions.
• PAPA JOHN’S PIZZA, 3800 Camden Road, # 310 C. Date of inspection July 23. Observed peppers uncovered during time of inspection. Food shall be protected from cross contamination. Peppers were covered during time of inspection.
• REDFIELD TRUCK STOP-ZAIMA ENTERPRISES LLC, Highways 65 and 46, Redfield. Date of inspection July 23. Food not in original containers are not labeled. Food not in the original packages for use in establishment must be identified with the common name of the food. Observation: Observed trash cans containing food residue being stored uncovered when not in continuous use. Trash cans containing food residue should be stored covered when not in continuous use. Observation: Observed missing and broken floor tiles in the food prep area. Floor shall be maintained in good repair for easy cleaning. Corrective Action: The PHYSICAL FACILITIES shall be maintained in good repair. Observation: Some Patrons were not wearing a mask during time inspection. Single use items including, but not limited to disposable silverware, cups lids, and straw are removed from public access and provided upon request. Self serve items were removed during time of inspection.
• RICH’S BURGER, 102 N. Walnut St. Date of inspection July 22. Observation: Observed cheese out of temperature 50 degrees. Corrective Action: Time/Temperature Control for Safety (TCS) Foods shall be kept cold at a temperature of 41.0°F or below, as measured by an internal probe thermometer, to limit bacterial growth. Observed used wiping cloths on prep counter. Wiping cloths shall be used as intended and in compliance with Regulations pertaining to Retail Food establishment.
• OCEANS FISH AND CHICKEN, 2611 W. 28th Ave. Date of inspection into complaint July 24. Observation: Facility needs a general cleaning. Corrective Action: Clean the physical facilities as often as necessary to keep them clean.