A second suspect is expected to be charged in the shooting death of Taurus*** Goins early Friday morning on the northside of Pine Bluff.

A second suspect is expected to be charged in the shooting death of Taurus*** Goins early Friday morning on the northside of Pine Bluff.

Shamar Womack, 34, faces first degree murder charges in Goins’ death. Pine Bluff Police Department spokesman Lt. David Price said Saturday that Womack would be charged following an investigation by police detectives.

Friday, police arrested Jason Miller, 34, in the death of 36-year-old Goins, who was found inside a parked vehicle at the intersection of Saracen Street and North Willow Street at 1:36 a.m. Friday. Jefferson County Coroner Chad Kelley pronounced Goins dead at 3:09 a.m. and the apparent cause of death was a gunshot would to the head.

Womack and Mller are scheduled to appear in court Monday for a probable cause hearing.

Goins’ body has been sent to the Arkansas State Medical Examiner’s Office at Little Rock for an autopsy.

Miller was taken into custody near Graceland Cemetery Friday. He is being held at the adult detention center on probable cause of first-degree murder.

Officers were sent to the 2400 block of Saracen Street after receiving a report of gunshots being fired in the area, according to the initial police report from Officer Donald Griffin.

When police arrived, they found a red Chevrolet Cavalier with a man, later identified as Goins leaning toward the right passenger side, bleeding from his face and unresponsive.

A second call from police dispatchers reported that the driver of the car was in a nearby cemetery waiting on police to contact him. While searching the cemetery, police located a man, later identified as Miller, about 100 yards from the crime scene waving a cell phone.

Miller told police he "was just driving and had picked up a friend when a white Impala started firing at his vehicle," Miller said.

Police reported that while they were at the scene, they heard a noise from the woods and a man later identified as Womack "stumbled out of the woods."

Griffin said in the report what when Womack, 34, was handcuffed, he was carrying numerous pills, a bottle filled with a "strong intoxicant," and $132 cash.

Womack was taken to the adult detention center. According to the intake log there, he was being held on probable cause of possession of a controlled substance.

This was the second homicide of the year in Pine Bluff.

On Jan. 18, Keson Coney 40, was shot and killed while sitting in a vehicle in the 1800 block of South Beech Street. Two other people, Stacey Rucker, 42, and Marcus Brown, 40, were wounded.

On Jan. 29, police announced the arrest of Percy Jackson, 21, in connection with that homicide and with the Jan. 26, 2013, shooting death of Sidney Farver Jr., 21, who was shot in the area of 18th Avenue and Elm Street and drove to Church’s Chicken at West 16th Avenue and Cherry Street to call for help.

***This article has been updated from its original version to correct a name spelling error.